cranbrook 1953 hub cab missing... help...

bluefoxamazone

damned.... after a  pleasant ride today, i saw that one of the chrome hubcaps is missing. Propably lost it while driving over the Flemish cobble stones...

Does anybody know a good source that is reasonable priced and is willing to ship to Belgium...?

thanks guys,

Franky

post-7447-0-60128900-1470586120_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluefoxamazone

Have you considered running a "lost hub cap" ad in your local paper? Mention a reward big enough to make it worth the finders time to not sell it for scrap,but cheaper than a replacement hubcap,and see what happens.

Have you considered running a "lost hub cap" ad in your local paper? Mention a reward big enough to make it worth the finders time to not sell it for scrap,but cheaper than a replacement hubcap,and see what happens.

yes I did consider this but I have covered over 100km so I have no idea where I have lost it....maybe I try facebook...

Thanks for helping to think on a solution....

It's a good idea to put your name and contact information inside your hubcaps. 

Years ago, I lost a hubcap on the way to a DeSoto convention.  Someone had seen the hubcap rolling away, some distance back from where he caught up with me.  Later, and several times, I scoured both sides of the highway for miles, but didn't find the hubcap.  

I put an ad in the National DeSoto Club magazine.  Someone had found the hubcap and contacted a co-worker who was a club member.  Seeing the ad, the club member contacted me,  and I was reunited with my hubcap.  Then I put my name and phone number in each hubcap, just in case. 

• Like 4

It's a good idea to put your name and contact information inside your hubcaps. 

Years ago, I lost a hubcap on the way to a DeSoto convention.  Someone had seen the hubcap rolling away, some distance back from where he caught up with me.  Later, and several times, I scoured both sides of the highway for miles, but didn't find the hubcap.  

I put an ad in the National DeSoto Club magazine.  Someone had found the hubcap and contacted a co-worker who was a club member.  Seeing the ad, the club member contacted me,  and I was reunited with my hubcap.  Then I put my name and phone number in each hubcap, just in case. 

now that is a good idea, why didn't I think of that before... grrrrr... thanks Donald!

• Like 1

Try this :   HUBCAP ANNIE

hubcaps@crpud.net          Dan and Cheryl Radonski    71880 Apiary Rd   Rainier  Oregon  97048-3411

1-800 627 7880   0r 503 556 1920

their card is several years old  but I know someone who got what they needed for their 50 Plymouth

thanks for the info Harold!

he problem with EBAY is that a lot of the US sellers do not ship to Europe...and it is very difficult to deal with them personally. Also it is very hard to check on the Quality. I would rather buy from a forum member from who I know is a Plymouth fan.

Thanks for asking it to your friend.

On numerous occasions I have acted as a 'forwarding agent' for folks in Europe who needed something from the States

and the seller would not ship overseas. I am sure that there are others who have done the same service for essentially the same fee: zero. You would incur two shipping charges this way but that is unavoidable unless someone is close to the seller and can pick it up.

Something to consider when all else fails.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you want them to really stick hard take the corner of some or all of the attachments and bend it out 30-45 degrees. We had a couple cars with radials that would keep chucking them off until we did that.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I've seen many of the style hubcap you're missing.  However I don't have any at the moment - will try to watch at a big swap

meet coming up in a couple weeks here in our area.   There is one big hubcap vendor, and many individuals have piles of

wheel covers as well.