Wiper motor replacement

blue p15

I am considering replacing the vacuum wiper motor on my p15 with an electric.  I know there are later years that have electric wipers  Are there any years that would be a direct replacement?  Thanks in advance for your input

Electrics from Chry/Dodge/Desoto do NOT direct swap in. Need to go aftermarket.

Do we know why? I've got both sitting here and they sure look close. I just haven't gotten to crawling under and trying it!

Not sure if this just muddies the water or not but my 1940 p10 had electric wipers when I got it. My car is Canadian built and I'm not sure if it was an option or somebody installed it from a higher line mopar but it's a direct fit not scabbed in.

post-2834-0-93382300-1470596367_thumb.jpg

Edited by 40plyrod

young ed, I would sure be interested in knowing how your swap turns out!  Does your p15 have a radio?  That can be an issue with some of the aftermarket wiper motors.  

It does. I should warn you I bought that elec setup a couple years ago. Working under that dash is far from my favorite thing to do. Between comparing the two and the fact that the dual heater setups were shared across the DPCD line up I think it will fit. 

• Like 1

Not to hi-jack this thread but is there any reference sheets relating to repairing or timing/adjusting the electric wiper motor/gearbox or contacts? My shop manual shows the wiring schematic and installation and removal from the car only.