Newby needing help registering

Hi All, I have just bought a 1954 dodge pickup . I need to get it registered in the uk. It has been here for at least 20 years but has not been registered so I am trying to answer the questions for registration but struggling...can you help please?  The chassis number is 85330334 and engine number is T334*26868* . its a 1954 Dodge pickup truck C-1-B6-116.     I need to know engine cc, production figures of the number built and over what period of time and when production ceased, how many vehicles are there surviving with copies of relevant data.

I know thats a lot to ask but I hope you can help.............The truck at the moment is a rolling chassis and most of the body work has been shot blasted. It needs the engine sorting and brakes etc then bolt all the panels back on.....not much then !!!!!

I will try and get some pictures as the weeks go by and many thanks for any help you can give.

Dave, Norwich in the UK.

Edited by thrashfit

You don't need a lot of information for the truck to be registered in the UK.

Just the VIN number which will be the serial number on ID plate

Engine number if you are not sure which number on the engine it is it won't really matter if this is correct as long as it matches one of the numbers on the engine it self.

The weight, most of these are about 1.8 metric tons.

Engine size

The colour

No of doors and seats etc all the normal stuff

The DVLA registration form is a generic form that covers many types of vehicles so you don't actually need a lot for pickup.

All the DVLA care about is that the Import duties have been paid when it came in to the UK.

You don't need a lot of information for the truck to be registered in the UK.

Just the VIN number which will be the serial number on ID plate

Engine number if you are not sure which number on the engine it is it won't really matter if this is correct as long as it matches one of the numbers on the engine it self.

The weight, most of these are about 1.8 metric tons.

Engine size

The colour

No of doors and seats etc all the normal stuff

The DVLA registration form is a generic form that covers many types of vehicles so you don't actually need a lot for pickup.

All the DVLA care about is that the Import duties have been paid when it came in to the UK.

Just curious, do they check the VIN numbers on a global "hot sheet" to insure the vehicle has not been stolen in another country?

Thanks for all your replies. I have been put in touch with a firm of importers who deal with this sort of registration. Transmotion of Tilbury, I got chatting to a lovely woman who has hopefully put me on the right road. I have supplied all the info required including pictures , Title, chassis and engine numbers and filled in a questionaire. Their fee is £75 . I dont mind that if it helps get the ole girl registered. I will post more on this as it unfolds...........

Just curious, do they check the VIN numbers on a global "hot sheet" to insure the vehicle has not been stolen in another country?

No they go off what's on the title

If he has the USA title with the truck If so it will take 5 minutes to fill the form out its easy. I've imported and registered 4 in the UK in the last 2 years.

Edited by Jamiejimbob

Hi Jamiejimbob, This is the first time I have got a USA vehicle and seeing how its been in this country for 20 years or so and not registered I didnt want to mess it up. I probably could have done it but you know what sods law is like and I could have screwed it up...I will be glad to get it registered and all done and dusted.. 

Where do you get your spare parts from in the UK if you dont mind me asking...Cheers Dave

Hi Jamiejimbob, This is the first time I have got a USA vehicle and seeing how its been in this country for 20 years or so and not registered I didnt want to mess it up. I probably could have done it but you know what sods law is like and I could have screwed it up...I will be glad to get it registered and all done and dusted.. 

Where do you get your spare parts from in the UK if you dont mind me asking...Cheers Dave

Dodge parts in the UK are not as easy to come by as things like Chevys and Ford. Although I did just find a pair of front fenders for my 45 in Leeds! Most of the stuff you will need to get from the US from places like DCM or vintage power wagons who are both very helpful. Vintage power wagons have a large stock of used spares as well as new parts. Pretty much everything you need is out there but the dodge parts always seem to be that little more expensive than any of the others.

Is yours running and driving?

Have a look at the pictures in this forum under the title.........My 1954 project...not a quick build.  By Thrashfit.  You will see there is a long way to go.  There is an auto jumble at Newark on Sunday 7th August . I am thinking of going just to see whats there, possibly Dodge stuff but not expecting to see much........