powder coating

JD luxury liner

it not so much an issue of being AFRAID but one of personal choice...while interior pieces should not be problematic as say exposed exterior panels subject to surface imperfection due to normal wear and tear where rot between a coated panel would go totally undetected till way to late to save the panel and usually will involve in depth repair process to correct.   I have seen some very ugly sights due to cracked or scratched powder coating...

You are right it is not complicated,most car or bike guys that come in to our shop says"masked and ready for paint".

The problem whit that is that nobody this far has heat resistant tape.So we have to do all of the masking all over.

We cure the paint in 410 F for 15 minutes ,depending on the thickness of the object.

I like the appearance of some of the hammertone power coatings, but as a whole, I don't like it.  I worked in it for about three years, and I saw the disadvantages of it, like the tendency to chip or crack due to its extreme hardness, the ability to "cover a multitude of sins" (like parts covered in surface rust after sitting in the space right after the wash line during break time, or painting over weld splatter).  I came to powdercoating with a background in plating, where those things are not possible, and yes, I know you can wet coat over rust & flaking welds, too.  But powdercoating also doesn't feather out when sanding, and that seems to me to indicate a lack of good adherance.  (Just my two bits, you can throw it all out now.  I do also realize that the place I worked did not follow all of the industry standards, and that's part of the reason why I'm no longer there.)

well I guess  you guys are afraid of this topic

powder coating is not that complicated

Thanks casper 50  

What topic? Did I miss a question somewhere?