My 55 build

I am up near olympia, in Shelton. The tires came on the rims and I thought they were cool,and don't have anything better so I am running them for now. I can spin them in the wet grass!! It's just a stock Plymouth engine with about 5000 miles on rebuild. Sounds good with the knock off flowmaster exaust. But not fast at all,just a cruzer. Lowering it is on the agenda for the near future.

Just playing I ran the flattie in mine for many years not at all fast but mine was probably worse it was fluid drive wouldn't get out of it's own way one reason it has a V8 now!

Thanks. I have always been a Chevy guy. But I am really having fun with this truck.my neighbor had this truck in his yard for years. He started restoring a metropolitan, and when I would help him with it I would give him a hard time and say, even that old Dodge out front is cooler thean a metropolitan. One day he said, if it's so cool,you fix it.after actually looking at it I realized how cool it was.when I asked how much? He said he would give it to me when I had a coverd home for it. I built a new carport that weekend. I am a diesel mechanic with 3 kids so my budget is low. But I am good at using what I have. Here are some door panels I made this weekend, out of aluminum from a old tent trailer. It is textured and looks good painted black. I put a bead of silicone on back edge and let it dry before installing so it won't rattle. I also made a dash pannel for a stereo out of it. Looks good and cost nothing.

Thanks. I have always been a Chevy guy. But I am really having fun with this truck.my neighbor had this truck in his yard for years. He started restoring a metropolitan, and when I would help him with it I would give him a hard time and say, even that old Dodge out front is cooler thean a metropolitan. One day he said, if it's so cool,you fix it.after actually looking at it I realized how cool it was.when I asked how much? He said he would give it to me when I had a coverd home for it. I built a new carport that weekend. I am a diesel mechanic with 3 kids so my budget is low. But I am good at using what I have. Here are some door panels I made this weekend, out of aluminum from a old tent trailer. It is textured and looks good painted black. I put a bead of silicone on back edge and let it dry before installing so it won't rattle. I also made a dash pannel for a stereo out of it. Looks good and cost nothing.

post-9212-0-59297200-1469497865_thumb.jpg

post-9212-0-01468700-1469497934_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it's helping to keep me motavated.my goal was to be able to drive it the 3hr cruze to the rod run in long Beach Washington in September. But I don't think I'm going to make it,due to digging in and taking it down a little more thean planed.it's a disease,take one part off and it reveals two more parts theat need attention..... Oh well, I'll keep plugging along and hopefully will get to drive it past the end of my road before winter hits.here is one more pic of my salvaged door panel installed.post-9212-0-43164000-1469592714_thumb.jpgpost-9212-0-43164000-1469592714_thumb.jpg

That color, wow! You will be amazed at how many people will love that patina. You and I have a very similar rebuilding philosophy, remove a part or an assembly clean, repair, paint and reassemble. On my 53 Plymouth suburban I started at the front bumper, I'm at the firewall, installing a wiring kit as I go. Keep us informed, love what you are doing.

At first I could not wait to flat black the truck, my step father begged me not to paint it. I agreed to wait till it was running to paint it. Now the patena is growing on me. And I am noticing alot of people like it. So I am going to rock the patena untill I win the lottery and can afford that beautiful black paint job.

At first I could not wait to flat black the truck, my step father begged me not to paint it. I agreed to wait till it was running to paint it. Now the patena is growing on me. And I am noticing alot of people like it. So I am going to rock the patena untill I win the lottery and can afford that beautiful black paint job.

flat black paint...about the only thing I hate more than crap rods...

• Like 2

That color, wow! You will be amazed at how many people will love that patina. You and I have a very similar rebuilding philosophy, remove a part or an assembly clean, repair, paint and reassemble. On my 53 Plymouth suburban I started at the front bumper, I'm at the firewall, installing a wiring kit as I go. Keep us informed, love what you are doing.

Let's hope his fire prevention philosophy is different than yours.......

Wow,tough crowd. We all got different tastes, and visions of what a truck should be. I think what you build should be a reflection of your personally. That's what makes this hobby so cool. How boring would this be if all our trucks were the same?? And yes I still have a few yrs till I'm 40 and mayby by then I will be a die hard Mopar man..... Wow never thought I'd say that. And I guess I never realized liking mopars was like a disease and comes on with old age. Guess I'm getting old.. I got a random call from a customer at the shop who I worked on his truck about 6 months ago. I had mentioned the seat in his truck would look good in my dodge.he said he might be getting a new one, and would sell it to me when he did. I had forgotten all about it till today. He brought it by and I got it for 40$! It fit perfectly. Here is a picture.

Travis, just giving you a hard time!  You are right, your truck, your build, your direction.  If we all liked the same thing we'd all be driving red and black B3D's!  :D

• Like 3