Scab wiring kit!!

pflaming

Some 18 months ago I purchased this kit off eBay. I had an interested buyer cause I'm using an EZ kit. My buyer asked a couple of questions so I did a close study of the kit. I could not wire a Tonka Truck with this kit. There are only 14 wires and fuses, one third are NOT labeled, the longest wires are only about 8' long, I could continue. In short I got smoked.

Am I alone on this or is such a decision a good lesson, " buyer beware".

post-34-0-36422300-1468799716_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pflaming

it is a generic kit for generic application and in no manner is it custom for any vehicle.  If the wires were too long folks would complain of cutting and tossing wasted wire that is costly....solder some wire to make the length needed, it is not rocket science nor are your wire colors exotic triple coded..or toss it for what little you paid and take a gamble any other kit ordered will be suitable for a long roof vehicle...learn to make lemonade

• Like 2

if all you have in that kit is what you have pictured above I think you got the fuse block kit and not the entire wiring kit...I remember at the time you remarked as to how little you paid and at the time the discussion was about Rebel wiring kits and not the E-Z

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Frugal Paul.

Some small hot rods only need 8-10 fuses for a minimalist car. The wires may still be somewhat short?

Sell it best offer and remember the lesson. Sorry for you though. Break even with the shipping extra  if you can.

Best,

DJ

Just use a meter to figure out which wires go to which fuses, relabel them yourself, then complete the wiring of your chassis. Pretty easy.

Why can't you wire a Tonka Truck with it? It's a one-size-fits-all wiring kit, and if you don't know basic wiring, a one-size-fits-all doesn't fit anything.

• Like 1

Pez: great ider on the Tonka truck. It also was in the fire, just couldn't part with it being a COE and all. May put the fuse box in the bed, and repurpose it as a lamp. If I was in the south, maybe an ash tray or a cigar box! Not allowed to smoke in the shop here in California, guess I should have listened! LOL

post-34-0-29007500-1469132065_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pflaming