Brake Light Switch Issues

3 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

hardware store! what a rookie move on my part, when I bought the switch last Friday I asked the Napa salesman for the tap for the switch. he looked it up and said "that is an odd tap, good luck finding that" (can't believe I left it at that)

and here we have had members find them for under $10. within a few minutes.  Hopefully, lesson learned. Thanks 

So much for the NAPA salesman knowing what he has for sale. Here is a page full of tapaerd pipe taps with the NAPA logo.

https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/search/?text=pipe tap&isTools=true&referer=search_form-tools

• Like 1

On 21/09/2016 at 4:12 PM, Don Coatney said:

1/8 inch tapered pipe thread.

You might have better luck in the UK finding and replacing it with a mechanical switch such as pictured below.

MVC-006F.jpg

That picture reminded me I'd got one in the shed when I swapped out the old master cylinder to a dual booster pedal on a 59 Chevy Apache I used to have. I found it, screwed it on underneath the floor between between the brake and clutch pedal. Same connectors plugged straight in and now I've got brake lights again. 5 minute fix!

• Like 1