Through The Generations

mattimuss

It was one of those very special times when stories are shared and memories are made...my uncle Gub and his family paid us a visit.

Gub spent a lot of time driving the Ol' Grey Lady during his youth.  While Gramps owned many cars, the '41 always held a special place in both Gub and Gramps hearts, so it was awesome spending time riding around with him while he reminisced.

I learned a lot about both the car and Gub.  As Gub said, "We're both old, worn out and a little tired."  I think they are both classics!

We took lots of pictures and videos that Gub is going to share with Gramps when he returns.  He is sure it will make him smile knowing the ol' girl is running again and still part of the family.

Like I said, some great times!

post-7025-0-73107000-1467741908_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattimuss
  • Like 3

YIKES! Did you receive that car in that general condition?

Body/interior wise, pretty much.  All I have done to the body was clay the paint/chrome.  I've done a lot of mechanical work to get her safe and road worthy.  Gub said she drives great, just like he remembers.

Gub and I drove well over 100 miles over the weekend.  We just drove around, him driving and telling stories about the car and family, me listening and learning more about both.

YIKES! Did you receive that car in that general condition?

Body/interior wise, pretty much.  All I have done to the body was clay the paint/chrome.

I have never heard the term "clay" before. What does that mean?

rubbing compound

Thanks. You used a term I had never heard before.