Anjother visitor and the maiden voyage

Don Coatney

Forum member Todd Bracik who owns a pair of D-24's paid me a visit today. He rode with me on the first drive of my new D-24. I was told that my car runs and drives better than his. It was good to have an experienced D-24 man along for the ride. A couple of times I came to a complete stop in 3rd gear and the car accelerated slowly but comfortably. That is one of the main reasons I wanted a fluid drive. Less shifting means less wear and tear on my already defective knees. While here Todd assisted in installing the front tag. Good to spend time with forum members.

004_3.jpg

005_2.jpg

• Like 4

Last time I drove a fluid drive was many years ago. This is the first one I have ever owned.

FWIW I think they take a bit of getting used to. I drive my truck every day but often forget that it is there to use. With the rear axle ratio I have taking off in 3rd is just too slow for the cars I am forced to share the road with. None of them actually have my permission to be out and about.........but that doesn't seem to stop them. ;)

Glad to hear you got a good one.

Jeff

• 4 years later...
On 7/1/2016 at 8:24 PM, Don Coatney said:

Forum member Todd Bracik who owns a pair of D-24's paid me a visit today. He rode with me on the first drive of my new D-24. I was told that my car runs and drives better than his. It was good to have an experienced D-24 man along for the ride. A couple of times I came to a complete stop in 3rd gear and the car accelerated slowly but comfortably. That is one of the main reasons I wanted a fluid drive. Less shifting means less wear and tear on my already defective knees. While here Todd assisted in installing the front tag. Good to spend time with forum members.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/DonCoatney/My%20D-24/004_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/DonCoatney/My%20D-24/005_2.jpg

I learned a lot from Don! He was a good guy and I'm glad I got to meet him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1