Andy & NOS Parts

Bingster

NOS  New old Stock  does not mean that the item is perfect.  It means that the item was never used on a car or truck. It might have been part of a large supply that the dealer had in his bins  or it might have had a problem and was put back into the parts bin.  So NOS can still have some issues.  I prefer NOS over NOSR  New old stock replacement.

Yes either one will work but there is always a human factor that any part might have an issue, So when buying these parts you are taking a chance witht he part. The only way to make sure is buying the part in person and checking it out at the time of purchase.  Buyer beware at all times.

So when buying a NOS fender for your car/truck can still have some dents or a flange might be bent so NOS does NOT MEAN PERFECT. remember these parts are sometime over 60-70 years old and have been moved from vender to vender.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Actually, I've had feelers out to salvage yards for this part, and I'd rather have a sound one that I can blast and cleanup.  And I like to see photos of what I'm getting.  Really, in some ways I trust a salvage yard over a vendor because at least you know they took it off a car and it will be the real thing.  I've had good luck with these yards.

I can say one thing about AB, I have gotten a few parts and for the most part they were ok. I did get a pretty pathetic turn signal flasher that did not work and a heat riser kit with a hairspring that was not the bimetallic one, so it did not work as expected.

However, when I called about the blinker, Chris was very nice and I have not issues getting my money back and he did not even need the part back. :)

• Like 1

My personal experiences with Andy are probably moot since he sold the business. That being said, I started buying parts from him when I got my '57 New Yorker in 1978. Then I lived not far from Andy (like the next town over drive to his house to pick the stuff up close), bought mostly nos from him the first several years, and never, ever, had a bad experience or found him less than extreamly helpful. I don't have the same personal connection with the new owner, but he too has been very accommodating in the few dealings I have had (including arranging to have a faulty NOS Trico wiper motor rebuilt on his dime). I know someone else who also had good cooperation just a couple weeks ago. We MoPar guys don't have all that many places to turn, and Bernbaum's has a ton of stuff in their building - give them a call.

• Like 2

I Have had quite a few parts shipped over to the UK from AB on a few occasions and never had a problem. Always seemed very helpful and good communications.

I can say one thing about AB, I have gotten a few parts and for the most part they were ok. I did get a pretty pathetic turn signal flasher that did not work and a heat riser kit with a hairspring that was not the bimetallic one, so it did not work as expected.

However, when I called about the blinker, Chris was very nice and I have not issues getting my money back and he did not even need the part back. :)

Let me know if you ever find a source for a new turn signal flasher that actually works. I was going through them constantly and finally grabbed a handful at the junkyard. That one has been in my car for about 4 years now without issue. 

Don't buy new shiny flashers... especially on line!

They do not work.. china crap.