Window And Door Crank Removal???

55 Fargo

:confused: Hi, I know this is probably a no-brainer, but what and how do I remove the window and door cranks from my parts car, as I don't have the special Miller tool. I almost feel silly asking this question. I want to remove the cranks withou breaking the escutcheons or the cranks.......Thanx guys Fred

Just can't seem to get these off my car, I have pushed the door panels inwards to collapse the spring around the escutcheon, I have tried driving a finishing nail to rmove the tiny pin to no avail, any other secrets to removing the cranks. I am trying not to break the surrounding escutcheon.....Fred

Fred, try pushing the pins out from the other direction. They usually slip right out.

Don't forget that there is usually a spring behind the panel to keep it tight on the escutcheon, so you may have to push the handle in a little to release the pin. Mine were straight pins, so they should come out either side with no problem.

Marty