Need Surfboard!

Bob Riding

Almost done! I am 99% done with the wagon, which is a good thing since Woodies on the Wharf in Santa Cruz, is only 10 days away! My son Jeff is helping me do the final door fitment, reattach the running boards, and do the final systems check. We painted it in my shop 2 weeks ago, and I plan to take it to my cousin's tire shop on Monday to have the alignment checked and to make sure I didn't leave out some critical component. We plan to drive it to the show from home (Sanger), a 300 mile round trip, and just heard that the weather will be hot that day-107 degrees, so we will be leaving early. :o

I need one last part and I'm not sure exactly what it looks like-it's the spare tire holder-the metal piece that rotates down on to the spare to hold it in place. Plymouth mounted the spare inset into the back of the front seat, so it's definitely unusual. Something about being more easily accessible for the ladies, I think.

Any Plymouth woodie owners out there have a pic?

Cheers!

Bob

post-92-0-85269800-1466104569_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-33667700-1466105094_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-72459800-1466105224_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-86360200-1466105393_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Don. Yes it has been a long restore, but after I bought it in 2003, my kids were still at home, so I put it on hold for a while (7 years!) Thanks for the pic, I think you are right, cause we know how Walter P loved to continue to use parts

post-92-0-71211500-1466109079_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-73408600-1466109108_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

just looked at the before pictures. You deserve a loud round of applause from taking this diamond in the rough and it was in the rough to an outstanding restoration. Best of luck with the car. You should be very proud of what you have completed.

Rich Hartung

39 Desoto owner

Desoto1939@aol.com

I thought I might have had a picture of your wood when I paid you a visit in 2008 but not to be. I did snap this photo. What happened with this panel truck?

riding2doorsteel.jpg

I realized I had too many projects and a guy from Sacramento bought it to restore for his wife, as she really loved sedan deliveries.I felt good that someone was going to restore it.

• Like 1

That is the same piece as the sedans use. The p15 seems to have used that one and a similar one that is 1 piece. Basically incorporating the washer into it. 

That is the same piece as the sedans use. The p15 seems to have used that one and a similar one that is 1 piece. Basically incorporating the washer into it. 

Thanks...I have some parts cars that I may be able to steal from!

A wonderful job!  I had to go back and re-read the post to see if that really was the same car.

What gun did you shoot it with?  Base/Clear?  And it seems you painted it in sections, guess cause of the wood.  Do all your own woodwork using old pieces as patterns?  How long did this all take you?

I look forward to meeting you an seeing wagon next weekend. Have a safe trip. Be careful going over highway 17. :)

From Sanger/Fresno I'd probably keep on 152 over Hecker Pass and hit 1 in Watsonville. That would cut out some less than desirable urban freeway and get you to the cooler coastal air faster.

From Sanger/Fresno I'd probably keep on 152 over Hecker Pass and hit 1 in Watsonville. That would cut out some less than desirable urban freeway and get you to the cooler coastal air faster.

Taking the woodie to the coast asap is about as cool as you can get  :cool:

Rick