Procedure for installing window hardware and door glass 49 b1

weasel
Go to solution Solved by weasel,

yes and no...you have to have the bottom of the front guide loose on the bottom at a minimum (out is better IMO).  Otherwise you should be good to go,

Does anyone has a diagram of the hardware inside the door? I found one with the vent window which mine does not have?

Mine just has the full window glass.

Thanks Would be very helpful.

Edited by weasel
  • Like 1

Pretty much the same, channel is further forward where the vent would be, bottom track for the glass is longer I switched mine to one piece side Windows I felt the bigger window went in easier just leave the bottoms loose like was said should go in just fine

Thanks for the question Weasel as I too will be interested in the answers.

I have just removed the glass and mechanism from my Fargo too.

Once it is cleaned up it will have to go back in.

The Fargo only has a smallish square access hole in the inside door panel though, too small for the glass, which has to be rotated and lifted up out the top.

I replaced the driver's side door glass (single pane-no vent) many years ago.  I THINK that I did it through the top.  I do remember removing two locking washers that secured the door glass channel to the bottom track of the window regulator.   Those were accessed through the removable panel, but I'm almost positive that the glass was removed and installed through the window opening.   Mike

• Like 1

Yes it comes out the top the access hole is not big enough I've had mine out 3 times now allways came out thru the top slot for the glass full glass you have to rotate it then it comes right out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...