Question

I was at mopars in the park this last weekend and seen something I haven't seen before. Wondering if anyone can help me out with it. It was on a 49 or 50 I think, but it was a good size hose coming from the center of the heater and it went up into the grill.

I was at mopars in the park this last weekend and seen something I haven't seen before. Wondering if anyone can help me out with it. It was on a 49 or 50 I think, but it was a good size hose coming from the center of the heater and it went up into the grill.

on the '51 red and black B3D in the shed?  If so, yes a fresh air option.

20131205_113147_zps3b560387.jpg

• Like 2

That is pretty cool am I able to get one of those for my truck or probably not?

jp, if your going "back to the 50's" next weekend.... i'll distract ggdad with some cookies and we will hook you up....  

wait a second! you thought it was a 49 or 50! sorry brother your on your own.........   :D   

That is pretty cool am I able to get one of those for my truck or probably not?

It also depends on what heater you have in your truck. For example... My truck has an aftermarket Arvin heater that is not compatible with the Fresh Air system.

You need to have the proper Mopar heater installed for it to work properly.

Merle

I have more questions about a few things I saw on the same truck. So also for the heater the shut off valve did not look standard, it was kind of a "y" type fitting, wondering about that. And also on the other side of the motor there was a black cylinder on the back side of the coil (closer to the firewall) mine does not have this, what is it?

actually the heater shut off IS the proper one...and HARD to find.  If you review the literature it is the one pictured.  I'll be at the 50's so feel freeto find me and we can chat about all the cool stuff on FEF.

pretty much everything on FEF is "stock" for him, the few things that are not are like the radial tires, but the options are all proper.

I know ther eare soem fresh air option parts available in the classifieds section.   :)

Ok, mine just has a manual shut off valve. And what about the black cylinder behind the coil? I don't have that either. What is it?

could it be the oil filter canister?

ADDING PHOTOS:...

Go to the 'Help' in the above toolbar -> click on 'Site Help Topics' in the drop-down menu bar -> then click on the 'Posting' topic and scroll down to the 'attachments'. There is a detailed explanation there of how to add pictures.

... or utilize the 'more reply options' tab in the lower right of your screen, which appears after you click on the ''reply to this topic' button and attach the file using the 'choose file' and 'attach this file' buttons.

• 2 years later...