Headliner for 2-door '47 Plymouth (I have read every other thread on this and I still need help!)

Dr. Fell

Does the headliner tack to the same cardboard strip that the windlace tacks to? This makes the tacks visible, correct? 

What is the very rear wire you have referred to?

I got the windlace from a guy that sells headliners on ebay. Let me know if you want his info. I don't think it has the wire mesh in it. It has a foam-type cylinder core with material wrapped around it. You can see it in one of the photos.

you tack it to the cardboard strip ..if the channel I missing the strip..buy it from a local trimmer or from a source like Restoration Specialties...if you think that is fun..wait till you get to the very rear and the wire....lol

Isn't there a strip with spike things on it that screws to the body?

• Like 1

As Ed said.... I too believe there are metal saw tooth strips screwed to the upper body--I see one of the screw holes that retains these headliner saw tooth edge strips.

The headliner cloth is pushed in behind these saw tooth strips with a wide thin blade putty knife type tool.

The strips retain the edge of the headliner and make it look nice and finish trimmed.

Someone probably removed them and never put them back on.

post-302-0-03487600-1465266343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya