42 Dodge heater control valve

knuckleharley

What does the valve for 42 look like?

Beats me. The one on my car was missing when I got it. The one on ebay was listed as being correct for 1949 and newer cars.

I'm hoping somebody else out there has a 42 with the correct valve and posts a photo of it.

Don Coatney wrote: >>This is what I did. Not original but it works better than the original petcock style valve.<<

I will probably do something similar to get by until my wallet cools down. I've been buying so many parts for the 42 coupe the last week that one of my credit card companies refused a charge even though there was plenty of money to cover it,and the other credit card company called me to verify the last 5 charges. That's a pretty good hint that I need to back off for a while. Never had that happen before. I have actually spent more money getting the car delivered and buying parts for it than I paid for the car.

Don Coatney wrote: >>This is what I did. Not original but it works better than the original petcock style valve.<<

I will probably do something similar to get by until my wallet cools down. I've been buying so many parts for the 42 coupe the last week that one of my credit card companies refused a charge even though there was plenty of money to cover it,and the other credit card company called me to verify the last 5 charges. That's a pretty good hint that I need to back off for a while. Never had that happen before. I have actually spent more money getting the car delivered and buying parts for it than I paid for the car.

More money on parts and services than the car costs sounds familiar. :)

Don's heater valve is effective and reliable. But I bet it cost more than a heater valve from your local "good" auto supply. The one that had older people behind the counter who know parts and still has some of the paper catalogs. Have them look in the "truck heater equipment" section of their specialty catalogs.

Don's heater valve is effective and reliable. But I bet it cost more than a heater valve from your local "good" auto supply.

Actually Tod the valve cost me nothing. I worked for a cheese plant that closed several years ago. The plumbing section of the parts room was going to the dump so I loaded up. I have stored this valve for several years and moved it from coast to coast so I guess there is a "warehouse" cost. It is a stainless steel valve.

I bought this one a couple of weeks ago from the local NAPA auto parts store for my 38 bizzy coupe. They have a seperate truck department in the rear with some old timers manning the counter. The hose bib handle makes it easy to open and close unlike those little wing nut type.

38coupeheatervalve.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans
  • Thanks 1

Good evening Guys

I brought this topic forward so I could ask a question. In the post by Tony Urwin he shows a picture of a heater control valve. I have this same valve on my P-15 and would like very much to find another, or if I could find a rebuilding kit. Also does anybody know if this was a factory installation or after the fact?

Thanks for any help.

Skip

• 11 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2007 at 9:58 AM, Don Coatney said:

Actually Tod the valve cost me nothing. I worked for a cheese plant that closed several years ago. The plumbing section of the parts room was going to the dump so I loaded up. I have stored this valve for several years and moved it from coast to coast so I guess there is a "warehouse" cost. It is a stainless steel valve.

Looks a little cheesy to me !?