It is officially on the trailer

Don Coatney

My new car is due to arrive Sunday. Pretty much original with a couple exceptions. Six volt positive ground with an alternator. Pertronix ignition module, DOT 5 brake fluid, and an overdrive transmission in the trunk. Engine was rebuilt a few thousand miles ago. Minor rust in a couple of areas but overall very sound.

IMG_20160603_114639627.jpg

IMG_20160603_114625742.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

IMG_20160603_113607601.jpg

• Like 11

Congratulations! Welcome to the Dodge crowd. Does it have fluid drive?

Dave

Yes to the fluid drive. That is one reason I bought the car. Less shifting in city traffic.

Is the a former member of Earl's fleet?

No, not Lou Earl. You may or may not remember Don Gaines. He was active on the old forum. He is the guy to my right in this photo taken in 2005 and the car is in the background.

JimmyDonMeRichie.jpg

• Like 1

Very pretty!

Current engine and trans????

More,we need more!

Real nice car Don. I bought a '48 Dodge sedan like yours back in '59 for $80.00. It was black and had the Fluid Drive. The engine had some miles on it but I kept the oil level up and we went all over the place with it too. That was the only car of all the ones I've had that the ignition switch failed on. I'd be driving along and it would shut of and then turn on again and backfire. The cop on the corner accused me of doing a "key banger" but he was cool and gave me just a warning. You are right about the advantage of the fluid drive in traffic. 

John R