It is officially on the trailer

Don Coatney

and now we know, the rest...of the story!

Paul Harvey....one of the greatest voices on radio.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, can you register your antique vehicles with the year of manufacture plate numbers and plates in Indiana?  I could in New Mexico, Michigan, and New York, but here in Maine you can't.  BUT, you get a regular antique vehicle registration, and you can display serviceable front and rear y.o.m. plates and carry your current plates in the car with you to show the police if you get pulled over.  I've already got y.o.m. plates for the Terraplane (surprisingly easy to find), but not for the Dodge, yet.

• 3 weeks later...

And a new headliner.

Don,I can understand why you would want to toss the carpet in the floor and maybe replace the bad fitting seat covers,but what's wrong with that headliner?

BTW,you can count me in as someone that HATES carpets in both cars and houses. Give me a hard flat surface that doesn't hold water that I can just sweep and wipe down anytime.

In Indiana I must carry the antique plate in the car but it is legal to drive with YOM tags and they are co registered with the antique tags. Tennessee was the same way.

In NC you can drive around with the YOM plates on your car with no problem,as long as you have the current plates registered to the car inside to show to the police. The YOM plates are not registered here to you or to anyone else.

it would be odd not to have the YOM cross linked to the normal registeration plate  what happens in case of a hit or run or other drive away infraction where the YOM is read/collected for identification on a police report...

This is NC,where odd is the state standard.

And a new headliner.

Don,I can understand why you would want to toss the carpet in the floor and maybe replace the bad fitting seat covers,but what's wrong with that headliner?

BTW,you can count me in as someone that HATES carpets in both cars and houses. Give me a hard flat surface that doesn't hold water that I can just sweep and wipe down anytime.

I did not say it needs a new headliner. I said it HAS a new headliner. Also the carpet and seat covers stay.

I did not say it needs a new headliner. I said it HAS a new headliner. Also the carpet and seat covers stay.

Sorry,I thought you were going to replace it and was wondering why.

As for the carpet and seat covers,if they make you happy,I am happy for you. Don is the only one you have to please.