M6 transmission shifting. 51 desoto

Cairy hunt

Does anybody know the fluid capacity of the M6 transmission?

I've got a 51 desoto tip toe, was working fine, then started shifting up (2\4) slowly but after being parked up a while it's not shifting up at all.

No bad noises and goes into freewheeling mode, just doesn't shift.

TIA

Think I might have posted this question in the wrong section, was this

"Does anybody know the fluid capacity of the M6 transmission?

I've got a 51 desoto tip toe, was working fine, then started shifting up (2\4) slowly but after being parked up a while it's not shifting up at all.

No bad noises and goes into freewheeling mode, just doesn't shift.

TIA"

However, after reading lots of other info on here I've lowered the idle which made no difference.

Then I disconnected the power to the solonoid (removed wires from top and bottom posts, left/front on the block at the air cleaner) and now it's shifting up, really sluggish changing down.

What does this mean? What should I do next?

TIA

Clean and tighten all connections on all the wires connected to the transmission,then assure your idle speed is 500rpm or lower. More trouble shooting on the Imperial club site in the repair section. Internal problems are very rare on those units.

Thanks for the reply.

Literally just got back from a successful test drive. Lots of trouble shooting led to the governor, contact inside was really carbon'd up. Cleaned them, adjusted and she's shifting great again :-D

Happy days.