Show us your suburbans

pflaming

While the suburban is not rare, it is scarce. A thread of suburban pictures would be interesting. Before and after pics welcomed.

I'm rebuilding this one about 80% to driver stage

IMG_8432.JPG

Edited by pflaming
Put pic back in

No Don, those were suburbs! Suburbans were the citizenry and were most often called suburbanites or ______ trash or other side of the tracks, or those folk across the river, etc., 

The Suburban series was discontinued for 1962 with the Plymouth Station Wagon models now included in the Savoy, Belvedere and Fury lines.[15]

1968-1978: Fury Suburban Edit

1972 Plymouth Fury Sport Suburban

For 1968, Suburban Wagon, Custom Suburban Wagon and Sport Suburban Wagon models were offered as part of the Plymouth Fury range.[16]

love the wagons pictured above- just got a 1952 Plymouth suburban that came from salt lake city with 44,000 original miles with overdrive and original 218 bored .040.

have installed fatman dropped uprights and eaton 1 inch lowered coil springs and eaton 2 inch lowered rear leaf springs, relocated front shock mounts,installed deluxe body moldings,

installed correct radio and clock, looking for correct gravel guards(have  nos left side), installing door handle guards(factory ones), I'm interested in any performance equipment for the 218

love the wagon- i'll try and post a picture later- any help on parts would be appreciated

john edge

san Antonio florida

813-245-0444  jedge@jimbrowneauto.com

Restored both of these and about wiped out the IRA account. Just finished the dark blue one. Both are taken back to original.

What could be better way to spend your kids inheritance? I think of any.
  • Like 1

here's mine.....a 50 Plymouth Suburban 2 dr. wagon..........I know there are many purists on this site and I am grateful to every one of them who helped me with answers over the years. But my wagon has had some changes. It has an independent rear with a tubular A-arm front w/mustang 2 dropped spindles.It has also been chopped 4 inches. And a 360LA motor w/727 trans

post-1206-0-10929300-1465422546_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-60732900-1465422564_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-81469200-1465422588_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-03582100-1465422605_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Not mine.  On the way to visit my friend Mike after the Long Beach swap meet, came across this Suburban on

the 22 Fwy.  Didn't have time to take in all the details while driving and shooting but the overall effect was very cool.

IMG_20160612_094904_zpspg2sf2nl.jpg

-

IMG_20160612_095026_zpstakzbcmn.jpg

• Like 2

Not mine.  On the way to visit my friend Mike after the Long Beach swap meet, came across this Suburban on

the 22 Fwy.  Didn't have time to take in all the details while driving and shooting but the overall effect was very cool.

IMG_20160612_094904_zpspg2sf2nl.jpg

-

IMG_20160612_095026_zpstakzbcmn.jpg

Great shots of that '50 Suburban. I've seen pictures of that one on line but not on the road Very Nice....

post-7070-0-79177800-1465830632_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Love the Van! (Suburban) but the beer from Vic.??

Really preferred the Beers from Qld. ^_^  Crown Lager anyone??

Almost all beer is OK ;) ,

DJ

• 10 months later...

yes I moved the Plymouth signage from the glove box to above the radio. trying not get to crazy on changing to much. this was a radio and clock delete and

I found both items and installed as well as stainless belt moldings/key guards/rear fender gravel guards/back up lights/chrome rear tailgate hinges both inside and outside/

rear arm rest/ overdrive trans and I'm still looking for a few more options ( mopar compass)