Horn trouble

Trying to figure out how to get my horn to work properly. Followed the shop manual instructions but once I tighten down the lock nut it stops blowing. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Have you cleaned the points-very critical.

Leave the tightening nut as tight as possible and still able to move the screw slightly. Tighten adjusting nut, try operation. If it works before tightening but not after, loosen nut back screw op as little as possible,tighten nut and try again. It can really  test your patience!

With dual trumpet horns I got one to work and then the other working and the first quit! Finally ran larger dia. wires and on a very patient day worked 1 then the other and back and forth and finally both worked!  :)

Not everyone has has this much trouble but I changed to 12v. on the 6 v. horns and I believe that made it harder,  :confused:

Good luck,

DJ

Even the slight variation in the voltage makes a difference . Voltage can vary when connecting directly to a battery or when the car engine isn't running or when the current is coming from old wires under the hood or questionable grounds .