Seat covers

pflaming

My seats are only springs but in good condition. The car is a split front seat two door (suburban). In round numbers what have you found to be the cost for basic new seat covers by an upholstery shop. I realize costs will vary per geographical location, photo shows wha I like.

I had 2 quotes in my area, one for 800 the other 1800. the second was using nos original material and a more high end shop. I would like to get a set made to fit the car and install myself. I have not looked into where to get those yet, but I did buy the hog ring pliers. small start, but the boat has taken priority lately.   capt den

My seats are only springs but in good condition. The car is a split front seat two door (suburban). In round numbers what have you found to be the cost for basic new seat covers by an upholstery shop. I realize costs will vary per geographical location, photo shows wha I like.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Photo pretty much shows what I like,too.

Wow...

You're car got put back together fast!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

e car

Paul, don't know if you remember the seat in my coupe from your short ride last year, but we made those ourselves using pattern paper and then cutting and sewing  the pieces together.  We got the fabric (I think it was nine yards at 4 bucks a yard) from the clearance bin at the local fabric place   had enough to do the seats, the bulk head partition and the door panels.  We also did the leatherette at the bottom of the doors.   Once the pattern was made it was pretty straight forward work with the sewing machine and heavy duty thread to sew them up and install.  Perfect? NO, Serviceable? Yep.  

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

Yes Greg, I recall. I am currently carefully removing the tattered covers to make patterns. My wife knows how to use a sewing machine which we have, so pleased some one who has had success.

I just did a quick Google search for "1951 Plymouth cranbrook seat covers" as the topic made me curious to see what I could find for my car and I found this website: http://www.automotiveinteriors.com . They have a place to query your make and model for seat covers. I recieved an email from them and the link i posted before. I'm not at a point where I can move forward with my interior. I wonder if anyone on here had used them in the past. Did a quick search and they seem legit other forums have only good things to say about the company and product.

Ken Weinstein has been selling  seat covers for many years and might be worth a call.  I copied the contact info below from a thread I found on Google:

Ken Weinstein, WPC #6159, 44 Valleybrook Lane, East Amherst,NY 14051, 716-689-6888, carpartsken@yahoo.com

• Like 1