its a jungle out there

Plymouthy Adams

by hand!? I thought you had a tractor with a hoe.... oh well, your young :)  good job

now what do you do with the bamboo? furniture?

yeah...63 young and I am loving it...hard work with the mattock but I feel good with no aches or pains..just a honest tired when finished at the end of the day...I used the bamboo along with all the other shrubs I am pulling up to help fill in the land fill run by the county...I am at the half way point on clearing the property I just acquired....

• Like 1

yeah...63 young and I am loving it...hard work with the mattock but I feel good with no aches or pains..just a honest tired when finished at the end of the day...I used the bamboo along with all the other shrubs I am pulling up to help fill in the land fill run by the county...I am at the half way point on clearing the property I just acquired....

Does that kind of bamboo sprout at every joint like the large diameter kind with the yellow stripes?  (That's the kind we had in Brazil.. I wish I had a picture of the clump we dug out next to our house down there, but I doubt that I ever felt like taking a picture of it, and that was also before digital cameras.)

Edited by Eneto-55

it does have leafed out stems at most of the joints from bottom to top but this variety rarely will get more than 1.5 inches in diameter...it does  not have yellow stripes...basically green the entire shaft and leaves..not sure the country of origin.  I did lean that this was from the original small batch the old man that lived behind this house many many years ago planted as source for fishing poles  this is my second patch to eradicate...the first on was about 8 times larger...nasty stuff to deal with.

Please send me all your Timber, yellow or black bamboo. I cannot get any to spread around here. I'd like at least a full acre of it.

Please send me all your Timber, yellow or black bamboo. I cannot get any to spread around here. I'd like at least a full acre of it.

count your lucky stars you do not have the crap in your yard...today....its Virginia Creeper pulling...another invasive vining plant that will climb in your window and tickle your feet while you sleep....that and the honey locust...objective today is finish the area around the other pecan tree..pulled the rest of the shrubs from under the canopy last night, solid 40 foot circle of overgrown shrubs ....then I tackle the TWINS  two huge huge oak trees standing side by side...