Here's the wagon.......done!!

chopt50wgn

Well, finally after 6 months of blood ,sweat and money, my buddy Grant and I finally got the car done. Lots of block sanding and did the final buffing with 1000, then 1500, then 2000, then the buffing. Who says hard work doesn't pay off? My buddy Angelo came down and put the pinstriping on. Did an aqua between the 2 colors as well as the old school stuff on the hood, tailgate and headlight eyebrows. Took it for a cruise to the local speed shop and just out cruising in general.

post-1206-0-59550200-1463759669_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-39492700-1463759686_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-16564100-1463759700_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-14870100-1463759714_thumb.jpg

post-1206-0-35679800-1463759738_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You got a lotta nerve to finish a total redo in 6 months and then come here to brag about it,making some of us look like the bums we really are!

What's worse,it looks like you did an excellent job of doing it with nothing half-assed.

• Like 2

You got a lotta nerve to finish a total redo in 6 months and then come here to brag about it,making some of us look like the bums we really are!

What's worse,it looks like you did an excellent job of doing it with nothing half-assed.

I second that. I have been meaning to rewire my taillights and hookup my turn signals for two years and haven't gotten around to it.  I love the paint job.

I should have been a little more specific..............the paint job took 6 months..........the rest of the car was 7 years in the making.

Thank you. I feel much better  now.

Not quite my cup of tea but it looks like impressive workmanship.

My only nit on it is in your post where you write "as well as the old school stuff on the hood, tailgate and headlight eyebrows". I don't recall any of that type of fancy pinstripe work on any car until long after I was out of high school, so it is either "new school stuff" or (possibly more likely) I was oblivious to that going on way back when. At least you spelled "school" correctly. :)

• Like 1

Tod.............I refer to "old school striping" from the works of Big Daddy Ed Roth and Von Dutch who was the father of pinstriping back in the 50's. If you look up Von Dutch or Roth ,you will see that the present day striping like mine came from that era.......therefore, old school.

• Like 1

In reply to what the rest of the car is..........the chassis is a Fatman front end stub with MS2  dropped spindles, power R&P steering, sway bar and QA-1 coilovers. The rear has a Heidts independent rear with inboard disc brakes and coilovers. The brakes are Wilwood on all 4 wheels. Motor is a 1975 360 A motor with a 727 trans. Headlights are frenched and I added a custom pan on the back and frenched the license plate.

I did have pics of the chassis on my computer after I had the chassis done but it crashed and I lost them and stupid me didn't save them to a thumb drive.

• Like 1

Tod.............I refer to "old school striping" from the works of Big Daddy Ed Roth and Von Dutch who was the father of pinstriping back in the 50's. If you look up Von Dutch or Roth ,you will see that the present day striping like mine came from that era.......therefore, old school.

Here's a picture of Ed Roth, doing his stuff in the mid '50s...

post-25-0-19945200-1463833756_thumb.jpg

Proving that I was oblivious to that fad/trend when it was happening. :)

My god man! You never heard of Roth or Von Dutch??

My interests have always been more toward the stock side of things. Exposure to rods and modifieds was mostly through schoolmates and I don't think any of them were skilled enough or weathy enough to consider pin striping of any kind. Any money they had went more into trying to get the car to go faster. . .

• Like 1

wagon looks killer,,, nothing  ide change on it,,,great  drive train, hope to see you maybe  at macungie ? no  show at east wood this year from what ive rear,,met you there at the street roddder tour  event,,,