Tire Tube Stem Size

vintage6t

Did a search but didn't see any info. So here's the question:  On a 41 Plymouth with 16" rims, does anyone know what tube stem size is correct TR13 or TR15?  I need new tubes to go with the 600-16 bias ply tires that I'm about to order. My old tires are still mounted so I can't measure the size of the hole in the rim. My guess is TR13 but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks,

Dave

I didn't know there was a difference. I have a '38 Plymouth, I ordered my bias ply tires with tubes and never specified type of vehicle or wheel. What is the difference, stem size diameter?

**EDIT** I'm running stock 16" wheels with 6.00-16 Firestone bias ply tires/tubes

Edited by deathbound

This came up because two different websites recommend different valve types for the same tire. It's obviously wheel specific not tire specific. The wrong tube with the wrong wheel and the stem will either be too lose or too tight. The stem has a shoulder when pulled through the whole should just lock in.

TR13 - This tire tube is designed to be used in a 0.453 inch rim hole and has a maximum inflation pressure of 60psi.

TR15 - Designed to be used in a 0.625 inch rim hole and has a maximum inflation pressure of 60psi.

Thanks for the replies. I bit the bullet and measured the stem hole on my spare. .625" which does indicate the use of a TR15  rather than a TR13, A TR13 stem would end up floating around the hole due to its smaller stem diameter.