Back to the 50's 2016

Anyone planning on attending the event this year?

I realize some are getting hitched and won't, but we are going to check it out and I just want to say hey if you'll be there.

Besides, FEF won't want me around him the whole time...

Mod, if not in the correct spot please move after a week or so. (Not sure if all the truck guys read the events section)

Anyone planning on attending the event this year?

I realize some are getting hitched and won't, but we are going to check it out and I just want to say hey if you'll be there.

Besides, FEF won't want me around him the whole time...

Mod, if not in the correct spot please move after a week or so. (Not sure if all the truck guys read the events section)

I've got my car and truck preregistered. 

• Like 1

I have my truck preregistered have fun been going about 20 years sorry nothing gets in the way of 50s!

Hey I live in the Heights too! 

im planning on going

• Like 1

yep, LONG drive from my new place, might park overnight IN the work building....we will see.

With all the road construction this year in the Cities it will be intereseting to say the least getting in....

I realize some are getting hitched and won't, but we are going to check it out and I just want to say hey if you'll be there......

I am skipping this year but am planning 2017........

Yep, maybe 2017...if. Still have my truck...but even if I didn't I'm likely to have something else that qualifies

Got 2017 written down in ink!!!......Might even tow my truck. :D

48D

• Like 3

so how does this work, are the registered vehicles given a space number? trying to figure out how to locate folks in the sea of vehicles besides look for the obvious era of truck.  :)  

also, what has been the typical weather in MN for this time of year?   

so how does this work, are the registered vehicles given a space number? trying to figure out how to locate folks in the sea of vehicles besides look for the obvious era of truck.  :)  

HAHAHA parking is first come first serve. The crazy ones get there super early to get their spot. The best way to make sure you see everyone is get lots of cell phone numbers.

As for the weather the last few years its been 70°s and usually rains once. Could be hotter. I seem to recall a few years when it was in the 90°s

what Ed said...tons of food vendors, so be prepared for lots of things on sticks...seems to be a thing here...beyond that LOTS of walking and know you won't see it ALL!  The fairgrounds can be and is lots of space with all sorts of little nooks and crannies people like to park in.  If nothing else you can Google Map (satalite image) the frair grounds and expect it filled to pretty full on every street and most paking lots.

walking! what no tram! just kidding, I told Julie we'll get our "steps" in this weekend.... 

I suppose spectator parking is also difficult.... I just downloaded my Metro "free ride pass" (sure hope Metro runs from Bloomington)..... 70 deg! I'll take it! low humidity please :)  

staying in Bloomington?  You should be able to get up there one way or the other, I know a few choice local spots to park if you get desperate.  

temps will be anywhere form 70-90's....long range has it at 80's, Minnesota summers are NOT known for a dry heat...

you'll have to get me your cell number.  

PS Pronto Pups are inferior to Corn Dogs!, and you'll have to get a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies (trust me on that!)!

• Like 1

walking! what no tram! just kidding, I told Julie we'll get our "steps" in this weekend.... 

I suppose spectator parking is also difficult.... I just downloaded my Metro "free ride pass" (sure hope Metro runs from Bloomington)..... 70 deg! I'll take it! low humidity please :)  

They do rent mobility scooters

The cookies are awesome!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind everybody must leave at night and the chaos starts all over the next day. You will not be able to park in the same place twice.   Last year Mark was VERY close to smashing FEF into a knot head who cut in line with his car.  Sure made my butt pucker having a birds eye view of it. 

Man, I'm going to miss those cookies.

• Like 2

My thought on the cookies share with everyone. As soon as they cool off they're no good.

Edited by Young Ed

Agree with Ed, way better warm! I'm gonna miss the big retailer tents this year, not that I need anything, but that building with the tools got my attention for a couple hours last year, and the Napa booth saved my butt when my carb return spring calved on the way to the show

My thought on the cookies share with everyone. As soon as they cool off they're no good.

Hahaha, "share".... "Cool off".... :D