• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks and one day til we depart for Victoria.  

Fenders and splash panels on, brakes bled, speedo calibrated, rear springs on, A/C charged this evening.  Initial front alignment tomorrow.  Glass install Tues/Wed before first drive around the block.IMG_4612_zpsu0ahnats.jpgon

-

IMG_4613_zpsokd1kubl.jpg

-

IMG_4609_zpsjyhvwd48.jpg

-

IMG_4607_zpsmhyt8dfi.jpg

-

IMG_4619_zpshjafy2cw.jpg

Is mike (aka the energizer bunny?) or closely related?

Looking almost too good! :) . NOT!     Looks great!

DJ

I had an opportunity to visit with Bill and Mike last week....those guys do some amazing work in an incredibly short time. While I am not so impressed with gm parts Mike redeemed himself when he showed his 32 coupe sporting a 331 Hemi.

The Plymouth is an amazing piece of work!

• 4 weeks later...

Josh, Jess and Mike hit the road July 18, with barely 300 miles on the clock.  First overnight in NoCal yielded a tire issue

that was quickly resolved.  For the most part the maiden voyage included a lot of listening, feeling and sniffing for possible problems.

IMG_4663_zpselk7srcb.jpg

-

IMG_4676_zpsowccpo8p.jpg

-

IMG_4680_zpsgpbd0nfx.jpg

-

You see here that we had a really diverse group of friends.  Folks and cars from Calif, Texas and Ariz.

IMG_4696_zpsec3i4bed.jpg

Edited by mrwrstory

Destination Victoria, BC achieved where we connected with more of our Canadian friends.  The day after arrival, we motored

"Up Island" to Ed Compton's (40plyrod) place for a BBQ.  It was a spectacular back roads cruise where we met another Forum

member, Dave Pollack (dpollo) and his super nice convertible.   We also got to see first hand, Dairy Farmer Ed's handy work on

the '40 Plymouth 2 door that he has shared on this site for the last several years.  Damned impressive!

IMG_4733_zpsi1x7odtc.jpg

-

IMG_4840_zps7yg0xzdk.jpg

-

IMG_4736_zpsanvmvv6e.jpg

-

IMG_4735_zps09w379pb.jpg

• Like 1

A little side issue that my friend (another Mike) arrived at the BBQ "on the hook".  Seems his store bought suspension was not up to the task.

What could have been a major inconvenience, broken suspension out in the country, was expediently addressed by Ed and his good friend

Dale Windsor visiting from Alberta.  While many of us watched and enjoyed the BBQ (and offered advice) Ed, Dale and the two Mikes

diagnosed the problem and fabricated and installed new A-arm brackets for both sides,.... just to be sure.  We even celebrated a birthday

for Ed's oldest, Sienna.

IMG_4726_zpszthds3oz.jpg

-

IMG_4744_zpsdikysaoo.jpg

-

IMG_4745_zps0kmmfnj5.jpg

-

IMG_4751_zpslyzeru9v.jpg

-

IMG_4758_zpsilolnfvz.jpg

-

IMG_4777_zpsmnsrwojn.jpg

-

IMG_4785_zpsaqicfd8o.jpg

It was just the most awesome experience of people coming together.

• Like 3

For those who may wish to witness the broader picture, the following link gets a documentary of the cars and characters that participated in the Victoria Caper.

In short, a bunch of Yanks from Calif., Ariz., Tex., Ore., and Wash., converged on Victoria, BC, to meet-up with more of the afflicted from BC and Alberta, Canada.  This trip included a good portion of wives, girl friends, kids and grandkids.  We were about a week on the road together before separating for our various homesteads.

WE JUST HAD THE BEST TIME!

There is a "button" for a slide show at the upper right of the opening page that will step through the images if you wish.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wstory/library/Victoria?sort=9&page=1

I see that many of the pics are out of sequence but I'm tired of fighting PhotoBucket!

Edited by mrwrstory
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Holy Cow!!!

I'm am so impressed Folks. What a fantastic car and story. Not sure anyone around my parts has even came close to a project like this let alone in that time-frame. I sure wish I had some of that "fire & desire" left. What a Family!

Thanks to all the effort that went into posting this story as well.    Tim & Lori

Copied this image from Aug. 2016 40plyrod post above, because someone on another thread mentioned patina.  The Sub. still looks like this and the car is pretty much a daily driver.  Mike is a very involved Dad so much of his free time lately is working with Josh on school work, rockets and quad runners.

post-2834-0-78448300-1470596774.jpg

• Like 1