Sorry to Hear Don Coatney isnt well.

oldasdirt

With other things going on I hadn't been on the site for awhile so was saddened in reading this thread title. After reading through the messages of concern and support and Don's responses about not disappearing and then the "horse accident" I felt a bit better. Partly because there was an affirmation in recognizing Don's contributions to the knowledge base and also because Don's spirit isn't at all diminished.

Let me add to the affirmation because Don has responded to my inquiries with helpful information. I am also looking forward to Don's next project.

Sending good thoughts your way, Don. ;)

• Like 2

Don,

I didn't see one person offer to come help you finish wiring your Blue Plymouth so you could keep it.

I am not retired yet or I would offer. I live in NC but if I had more than two weeks vacation I would come help you.

I am 59 and my son graduates from the Marine Core next week so I get 1 week off next week.

Then a week in July to the NC Beach with my wife and daughter. I wish the guys on this forum would try to offer you some help instead of wishes for your future without

your Plymouth. I guess the inevitable is that we all must part with our Mopar's sooner or later.

Dammit I wish I could help. 

Tom

Don,

I didn't see one person offer to come help you finish wiring your Blue Plymouth so you could keep it.

I am not retired yet or I would offer. I live in NC but if I had more than two weeks vacation I would come help you.

I am 59 and my son graduates from the Marine Core next week so I get 1 week off next week.

Then a week in July to the NC Beach with my wife and daughter. I wish the guys on this forum would try to offer you some help instead of wishes for your future without

your Plymouth. I guess the inevitable is that we all must part with our Mopar's sooner or later.

Tom

read post 23.......and if he would tow it here to my place the offer still stands....

• Like 1

If I could have helped out, I would have offered.  Very little point in offering what you can't deliver.  Don wants to tow it here, I'll match Tim's offer and complete the wiring.   There's been at least a half dozen times I would have liked to have made a trip, stayed a few days and helped someone out.  It's just not always physically or financially possible to offer the assistance you would like.

• Like 2

If I could have helped out, I would have offered.  Very little point in offering what you can't deliver.  Don wants to tow it here, I'll match Tim's offer and complete the wiring.   There's been at least a half dozen times I would have liked to have made a trip, stayed a few days and helped someone out.  It's just not always physically or financially possible to offer the assistance you would like.

lot of truth in the above statement Dave......many things tie us close to home and prevent us from running out and about willy-nilly. I know Don and I have both stopped everything in our lives and done similar trip to help someone on a project.  The working folks doing the 9-5 just can't stop, jump and run and folks with pets and gardens and other daily encumbrances suffer similar fate as we make our own liabilities.  As everyone knows...even in our busiest state of life, we can always find a spare minute at home to do a few things...thus if the car were here it would be accessible for those times say when it is raining and I am trapped indoors plus everyone is more comfortable in their own shop with their own tools and resources. 

• Like 1

I have no plans to disappear. As long as I have at least one finger in my control I will continue to use it.

Ok,the question HAS to be asked. WHICH "finger" would that be,Don?

• Like 1

Don,

Tom

Don't go calling people out for not offering to help and then make excuses why you can't.

• Like 1

well I had sent a PM inquiring of your surgery and how it went....glad someone is close enough and volunteered the time bail you out on the wiring...hats off to Mike....and I am guessing the operation went well as you still got use of one good finger....ah...and there it is....!!!

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 3