Sorry to Hear Don Coatney isnt well.

oldasdirt

I too would like to add my wishes for a solid recovery.

I agree with 'suntennis', the number of replies indicates just how well you are appreciated here.  I remember that you were one of the first to welcome me to this forum and the P.O.C. forum.  You took the time to patiently answer my novice [sometimes dumb] questions.  I appreciate all the help you have given me with my Gramp's ol' '41.  I know it is running due to your assistance.

I hope that you will remain an active member/participant on this forum whether you own an old Plymouth or not!

I have no plans to disappear. As long as I have at least one finger in my control I will continue to use it.

That's good to hear. Hope you get better soon! 

Don - I add my best wishes for you to recover as much as you can, and take care of what you can.  I remember well the running battle in preparation for the big race "a few" years ago between you and Blueskies.  It's one of the main things that drew me into this Forum, and ever since I have benefited from your knowledge and willingness to share it.  Which makes me glad that you'll still be active with this Forum, too many have left it simply because they don't have their Plymouths or Dodges any more.  Best of luck finding a suitable replacement for the "full race" Plymouth, so you can stay in the hobby!  

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear that you have health problems. You will be in mine & my wife's prayers . Being a little long in the tooth (72) myself, I've had problems with pain in my legs since a quadruple bypass in 2013. with no relief despite many visits to many different types of Drs. Here's hoping for a happy & healthy solution.

• Like 1

G'Day Don

Mate, sorry to hear you're a bit crook. Getting old is a bugger. My dad's (82) done the same thing for similar reasons. He's retired the 29 Plymouth and got a 59 Triumph Herald convertible. Loads of fun but everything is small enough to handle by himself with his issues.

Take care of yourself.

Rick

Edited by Ricky Luke

Hey, Don. Sorry to hear your having health issues. I would have replied sooner, but I just got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon after a 13 day stay (73 days since last July). I know it's hard to give up something you love to do. Even if your not going to be working on your car, it's good to hear your still going to be around to help mentor the members here. We can always use a good "Mentor" around here (that's "OR" not "AL" after the Ment...) :D Just remember to take care of yourself and follow doctor's (and wife's) orders.

• Like 1

Don, sorry to hear about your issues.  I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to meet you in person when you were working in San Francisco.  I too am starting to feel my age, although without the complications that you've experienced.  Look forward to hearing from you occasionally.

Marty

• Like 1

I have no plans to disappear. As long as I have at least one finger in my control I will continue to use it.

That is great news. Hope you find another car you can love as much as you have that Plymouth over the years. Your advise has been invaluable to so many of us here.
  • Like 2

I have met you......but have yet to race you.

Maybe its time to find Fort Wayne and settle this matter on a uneven road by flattening it with unbridled horses. 

Or pancakes is good.

48D

I have met you......but have yet to race you.

Maybe its time to find Fort Wayne and settle this matter on a uneven road by flattening it with unbridled horses. 

Or pancakes is good.

48D

Speaking of unbridled horses... I had a terrible accident yesterday....but I am doing better now.....Yesterday, I decided to go horseback riding which I've not done for a long time and never done well!  I got on the horse and started out slow and then we went a little faster and then we were going just about as fast as the horse would go (and let me tell you, I was so proud of myself)! All of a sudden I fell off and caught my foot in the stirrup and the horse was dragging me around in a circle....It wouldn't stop....just going around and around in a circle.... if it weren't for a quick thinking man (Whom I owe my life), I would probably not have made it......thank goodness the store manager at Wal mart came out and unplugged the machine.

• Like 8

Don Coatney, on 13 May 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:Don Coatney, on 13 May 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

Speaking of unbridled horses... I had a terrible accident yesterday....but I am doing better now.....Yesterday, I decided to go horseback riding which I've not done for a long time and never done well!  I got on the horse and started out slow and then we went a little faster and then we were going just about as fast as the horse would go (and let me tell you, I was so proud of myself)! All of a sudden I fell off and caught my foot in the stirrup and the horse was dragging me around in a circle....It wouldn't stop....just going around and around in a circle.... if it weren't for a quick thinking man (Whom I owe my life), I would probably not have made it......thank goodness the store manager at Wal mart came out and unplugged the machine.

should have ridden on the stagecoach Don         cdd2fdd2-530b-4de6-97fb-b48710124139.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

You made the correct action by getting off that horse, there is an old cowboy adage which goes ". . . when the horse is dead, get off!"  

PS next time wear cowboy boots, they slip off the foot if your foot gets caught, shoes do NOT!

Sorry to read of your issues Don. That Plymouth is going to make someone very happy. I hope you can find some joy too. Oh, and I keep imagining which finger will be the last usable one. Good for typing, and saying it all without saying a word! Seriously, I wish you all the best.

• Like 2