Correct Wiper Arms?

46CoupeSD

Good afternoon everyone,

I lost one of my wiper arms in a storm a little while back (1946 Special Deluxe Business Coupe), and am having a heck of a time trying to find the correct replacement part. Pictures of my one remaining wiper arm are located here: http://imgur.com/a/nPymK

According to pages 414-415 of the 1936-1948 Master Parts List, the correct part numbers for my car would be 1232611 (right side) and 123612 (left side). The only problem is there doesn't seem to be a specific picture of these exact parts within the manual - the book only shows a generic/unlabeled wiper arm.

I have found a pair for sale on ebay that claim to be the correct part numbers, but they do not match the arm that I lost or my remaining wiper arm. The photo below with the boxes are the ones for sale on ebay. On the sale listing, they are identified as Part No.s 123611 and 123612, which is supposedly the correct part number for my car. According to another photo that I have (from Wayfarerstranger here on the forum), these wiper arms are actually not the original style, but are labeled as "snap in style."

Does anyone know which wiper arm style is correct for this car? There just seems like there's so much variation, and I want to get it right before I purchase anything.

Thanks for your help!

post-7278-0-97407600-1462561066_thumb.jpg

post-7278-0-59772600-1462561078_thumb.jpg

Edited by 46CoupeSD

Ok for one thing there is nothing listed in my Autolite catalog for this year so now we know they are not Autolite wiper arm. I will check on my Trico catalog next.

My TRCO only goes from 29-29.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

Unless your car is meant to be points perfect correct,  I'd select the arm that blades are readily available for. I haven't been in the market for wiper blades in a long time, but would check it out so as not to end up with an arm that replacement blades are hard to find.

Ok found more info in an AEA catalog  Plymouth P15C  Used Trico wiper motor and parts.

Both wiper arms are trico AL 50  both blades are 8 1/4 inches  WLA-778-30c

Send me your home email and I will scan the info for you and a picture of the TRICO Universal arms

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

cell 484-431-8157

• Like 1

ANCO "RainMaster" book shows adjustable 6"-9" wiper arm and a 10" blade.

The NOS MoPaR wiper arms were trico repackaged in MoPaR boxes.

The style of attachment for the wiper blade and wiper arm (to car) is also important to keep in mind.

Thanks for your help everyone! Rich, I'll send you a PM shortly.

The style of attachment for the wiper blade and wiper arm (to car) is also important to keep in mind.

This is what I was most concerned about. I have/had the wiper arm labeled "original" above, and still have a few blades left for them in a box somewhere. However, if they're difficult to source blades for, I'd probably rather have the easier style. Ultimately though, I'd like to stay "points correct" if possible.

You might also try wiperman.com. He sells blades and arms and other sorted Trico parts for older cars.

Has anyone ever had luck with Wiperman? I've emailed him twice over the past few months (no response), and whenever I call the phone line is busy.

I emailed Wiperman last week and got a fairly quick response. Sent my vacuum wiper motor to him for a rebuild.

• Like 1