Fall Activity Travel to and Attend the Walter P Chrylser Meet Sept 13-17 2016

greg g

Mark Duggan and I are continuing to beat our heads against the wall, trying to find an event that will motivate interest in a gathering of Forum members and Chrysler Corporation Vehicle enthusiasts.  We would also be tenatively gathering at Mark D's place out side of Worchester, Ma and doing a group drive to the event area.

Last year we did a tour of the Hudson Valley in August.  This year an opportunity presents for September 13-16 in the form of the Walter P Chrysler Club's annual meet.  The WPC is a club for all Chrysler brands from the earliest models to the present offerings.  This year they will meet in Belfast,Maine.  There are activities planned as well as self directed tours and visits to local attractions.  The Participant Judged Show is held on Saturday, all makes of Chrysler cars and trucks are welcomed regardless of condition.  One does not have to be a club member to participate.

At this time we are considering letting a house in the area that will accomodate up to 12 people.  It features a pool and hot tub, canoes and kayaks, fishing gear, and is walking distance to shops restaurants, parks and beaches.  We are looking for a commitment of 5 to 6 parties (have 3 currently) to make this work $$$ wise versus the host Hotel costs  This would give us a place gather, sleep, cook meals, and also give the folks not interested in car stuff all the time a place to be rather than in the hotel room or lobby.

Link to house:  

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p391622

Link to WPC click on 2016 meet:

https://www.chryslerclub.org/meetinfo.htm

Times are good gas is cheap bring grab your Chrysler and your juke box money and come on out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I won't be able to make it to the WPC meet this year, but I'm pulling for you or Mark to take the P-15 specific Lois and Chuck Jensen award home, and keep the forum streak of P-15's alive for 2016.  I was lucky enough to win the award last year in Springfield.

Really enjoyed my time with you all last year.  Wishing you guys safe travels and a lot of fun!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The event is mid-week?  I'd love to go up and, being a realtor, I have some flexibility in my schedule.  I just wish it was a weekend so my girlfriend could come too. :(

We can't make it, taking grandkids back to Texas that week.  To ponder aside from the show, the Cole Transportation Museum in Bangor is worth a side trip.  Planes, trains, automobiles, farm equipment, snowplows, etc.  Something for everyone, they have one of Bangor & Aroostook RRs famous BL2s there.  Fort Knox is close and right next to the Penobscot Narrows bridge and observatory, which could be a good cruise destination or stop.  The Coastal Route (US1) along Penobscot Bay is a great drive, but you'll need patience because all of New England thinks so, too.  I'm a bit jealous of you'uns that'll go, but that is the only two weeks I could take leave from work this year to make that drive to TX. 

• Like 1

I did see that, Greg. I meant if I wanted to pony up some cash to split this beautiful rental with you fine folks.

The event is mid-week?  I'd love to go up and, being a realtor, I have some flexibility in my schedule.  I just wish it was a weekend so my girlfriend could come too. :(

Come up for the weekend! Should still be plenty of rooms in the area. - Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As we are getting closer to the date of departure, figured I would stir the pot one last time and offer an evening gathering spot on the night of Monday Sep 12 for any Massachusetts guys that want to meet up for couple hours at my place, share a beer, kick tires, chew fat, etc, etc..  At least three Plymouth's (Greg G, Rallyace (Mike) and myself), will be gathered that evening to prep for the trek to the WPC event the next morning.  Would be great to get a couple more forum faces in one place for handshakes.  We will be meeting in Lancaster MA just one half mile from exit 35 off route 2  - Modern cars are quite welcome if that'll get you there.

Cheap beer supplied by me..  

25 minutes ago, Mark D said:

As we are getting closer to the date of departure, figured I would stir the pot one last time and offer an evening gathering spot on the night of Monday Sep 12 for any Massachusetts guys that want to meet up for couple hours at my place, share a beer, kick tires, chew fat, etc, etc..  At least three Plymouth's (Greg G, Rallyace (Mike) and myself), will be gathered that evening to prep for the trek to the WPC event the next morning.  Would be great to get a couple more forum faces in one place for handshakes.  We will be meeting in Lancaster MA just one half mile from exit 35 off route 2  - Modern cars are quite welcome if that'll get you there.

Cheap beer supplied by me..  

Just noticed I wrote "Massachusetts guys", Should've reached wider with that statement.  All New Englander's are welcome to stop by if ya'll can get here. 

• Like 1

I can't see you supplying cheap beer  LOL

Now  I am sure you are aware of what I will ask next, please make sure the batteries in all your cameras are fully charged and take lots of photos. of the trip there and back and be safe.

PBR truck1a.jpg

PBR2.jpg

Edited by 1940plymouth
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...