Dodge truck furniture

My brother in-law made this bench for me.  He used an old bed head board (found in a fence for a quick repair), one locally fabricated rear fender from B2B, front panel from B2B pickup box, and destroyed tailgate from B1C .

post-5627-0-78157900-1462122019_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

No Jeff, they're called "projects" or "works in progress".

No Jeff, they're called "projects" or "works in progress".

:) I don't know.....I have seen projects and for that matter even some finished vehicles that could only be described as storage shelves or tables.

I know I have had lunch on my trucks tailgate a few times.......and even sat on the running boards gabbing on the phone with customers. When used this way it seems like furniture to me.

Jeff.

I've sold several Chevy tailgates as a backing for benches...I thik its a clever idea. When I sell a dodge tailgate

I know to ask if its for a truck or art.....cuz i couldn't sell a good one for an art project. To many bros who might need one.

But a beat up one? Better to have a second life as a bench then crushed. ^_^

48D

• Like 2

I have 3 screwed to my wall, one wouldn't even make a good bench unless it needed a place to let grain fall through :P I took my original seat from and seat and bolted two aluminum rims to the ends and some feet and made a bench...sadly it's even less comfortable then when it was in the truck, so it's now yard art, until we move...then it may be wrecker art...so if someone in or around Manitoba needs a very good seat frame and complete bench (needs reupholstered) it's free to take!

Hmm, I've got a beat-up tailgate from B-1-C that I wasn't sure what to do with...

• Like 1

I have 3 screwed to my wall, one wouldn't even make a good bench unless it needed a place to let grain fall through :P

Toilet seat?

Do I still have dibs on that little one in the middle that doesn't quite match???

it might cost ya!  I'm learning to like it!  LOL

• Like 1