Wobble and shake

W.F. Brown- III

Looks to be from dry rot and this could be from having the car parked on the dirt floor  Get a wood floor and then put the rung under each tire to stop the moisture from getting to the tires.  The bia ply and ties are not cheap anymore.

So protect what you get.

Rich Hartung

I guess that annual safety inspection that we grudgingly submit to here in NY may have some basis in real world conditions.  Thinking about it, my front tires were mounted in 2004, and my rears 2007.  They still have plenty of tread, look pretty good. but the years are gettin up there.

IMG_20160509_180239028_HDR_zpsirse8bgx.j

Four new tires on the old '48 Plymouth and the low speed wobble problem is now gone. Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions about the possible cause. They encouraged me to look closely at the tires and when I did, I discovered what could have been a catastrophic failure. Again, thanks everyone.

• Like 2