High Load Miss

meadowbrook

Hi folks, thanks so much for the great discussion. I just noted another bit of data on my miss issue.

The low rpm, high load miss only happens on a hot engine, meaning for the first 10 miles of driving or so, there is no miss.

Would I be correct in assuming that this can rule out any distributor wobble issue? Maybe even a points issue?

I am thinking an agnition problem that only happens hot could be the coil, no?

Regardless, I will replace the Napa coil with the original one and see what happens.

If no improvement, then I will reset the points.

Oh, and one other thing, I have that little lever that operates the accelerator pump set on the hole that gives me the most travel, maybe the pump shot is too much? That would explain the heat related miss, maybe it is too rich when I accelerate under high load, low rpm conditions.

I don't think you can make too much pump shot for acceleration. You don't have that much adjustment. 

I'd like to second the suggestion that you check your power piston for free travel. It sounds like it could be sticking down.

Edited by Niel Hoback