What is the model of this truck

split

It should say on the serial # tag   maybe B 2 D  from 1950.  Certainly 48 to 50 .

It's a 1948 B-1- F to a   B-1-G or  B-1-H model Truck....    1-1/2 to light duty 2 tonner.

The pillar tag will read after Model like say B-1-FA-152

Defined as a 1948  1-1/2 ton ... 2 speed rear axle.. 152" wheel base

The "B" is the series of Dodge trucks

The "1" means 1948

The "F" means 1-1/2 ton rating

The  "A" means 2 speed rear axle

and the "152" tells the wheel base length

The Tag tells it all... lets see it!

• 1 year later...

I eventually sold the red one in this post on ebay.   It went to a guy down in Florida.  I think he uses it as a store front attraction.   This truck was part of a Virginia estate.     Soon after I bought a property in Southern Oregon....and what do I find on the property?   Yep, another one!

However, this one is not in as good as shape.  It is a 5 window.  It has a lot of the parts on the bed.   Unlike the Virginia truck, this truck is rust free and the paint may be original

I could sell it, but I would rather give it to someone that really wants it and is willing to put in the work to bring it back

If you are interested, contact me.

DSC05663b.jpg

DSC05648b.jpg

DSC05651b.jpg

DSC05649b.jpg

DSC05656b.jpg

Edited by split
  • Like 2

Very good of you to make that offer. Hope you find someone that will rescue it.

"...I would rather give it to someone that really wants it and is willing to put in the work to bring it back."

BRENT!  Restraint....restraint!!  Self-control,,,

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

you offer to give it away....come get it....but if you put it on craigslist you worried it may just sit in the other man's yard....either way....you gonna win...the vehicle is clear of you and your property.....I find it very strange a man want to dictate beyond ownership the extend of the items eventual fate...but I do get your sentiment...it is often just unreal I think.  

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:42 PM, split said:

Apparently, no one is interested.

If I put it on craigslist, they will come, but the "they" around here are the type that will take it only to let it rot in a field somewhere

I'm way interested -

However (there is always one of these)...  :-)

I'm likely moving fall of 2019, so that would mean moving it now, and then again in about 8 months.   You are probably 2000 miles from me... the good news is ;  I'm likely moving closer.

At the very least, it's a treasure trove of parts I could use here and there on mine.

If you still have it summer of 2020 - let me know.

Edited by Big50Dodge
spelling

On 1/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, split said:

Apparently, no one is interested.

If I put it on craigslist, they will come, but the "they" around here are the type that will take it only to let it rot in a field somewhere

Wait a minute!..... Is this in Oregon?! 

Another one can be added to the fleet Brent... in dry county Oregon..

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Another one can be added to the fleet Brent... in dry county Oregon..

Better yet, I'd take it down to the BBQ in April and leave it for the BBQ goers to work on every year...... you know, cause some guys can't sit still (then I'd bring it home) ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1