1940 carburetor linkage pics needed

Cpt.Fred

Hi all,

i am looking for closeup pictures of the original carb linkage setup on a 1940 P10 US model.

the things i am looking for are happening under the wire loom, so if someone here has

relevant pictures or, even better, owns one and would be willing to help me out it would be

greatly appreciated!

here you can see what i am looking for exactly:

25250802ro.jpg

25250803yn.jpg

i am swapping one of these linkages over to a long block and need to know how exactly the 90°

direction change was assembled originally... i don't find any drawings in my books here and all the

pics i have or found online have the wire loom in the way, hiding the important parts.

thanks a lot!

Fred

Thanks, Don!

That's way better than everything i have found so far.

Looks like i'm not completely off with mine, but still looks a little different, angles and all...

anyone else? ;)

Hope the photo is helpful. How is the engine replacement going? I have not seen any reports about it on the forum.

The worst is over, i hope. Working the details now...

It's over on the AoK-Blog this time since George Asche built the engine and OD trans for this one.

http://p15-d24.com/blog/17/entry-107-das-boot-going-the-long-block-route-with-a-1940-plymouth-sedan/#commentsStart

Edited by Cpt.Fred

Similar to what you have shown -1941 Dodge linkage..

post-296-0-34003200-1461076287_thumb.png

Maybe I'm being picky but referring to Don's first pic in post #2 is an example of improper use of silicone sealer. Chances are as much squeezed out on the inside as is on the outside of the thermostat housing. You do not need silicone chunks floating around inside the cooling system. At the least, take a razor knife to the excess on the outside of the housing and trim it off after it has cured.

• Like 1