Paint for 1949 Dodge Coronet Fender Script

Mopar Mountain

I've looked everywhere (on the forum and search engines) looking for a correct or even close modern match for the metallic gold paint for 1949-50 Dodge Coronet Gyro-Matic fender script. The original is a satin or flat metallic gold with red "Gyro-Matic" inlay - See photo of a NOS example for reference.

I can match the red inlay close enough, but the I haven't been able to find a close match for the satin or flat metallic gold paint. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-4199-0-25778200-1460857370_thumb.jpg

At one time there was a product called LUXOR powder which could be mixed with a clear enamel or lacquer base to make

a gorgeous gold finish.  That is not much help to you but maybe a sign writer or pin striper could help you.  Artists know how to apply gold -leaf as well.