Anyone ever see these HubCaps?

belvedere666

Merle called it right.  Unlicensed replacement parts.  I have seen similar

in the 46-48 style and also for Chevrolet.  Some people would never notice.

These are old reproduction parts. I have some P15 ones. Interesting they have the same ship as a P15 cap but the misspelled plymouth. 

I have a set myself on the 49. Actually, they look quite nice and seem to be good quality.  Apparently I got a good deal. I paid 60 bucks for a set on E-bay

Edited by jrhoads

as I have been told by folks in the business, Chrysler even today stymies the market with license fees and such that are way expensive and so involved that it makes reproducers risk at making a profit such that it is not affordable.  It would be an all together different issue if Chrysler themselves were still supporting the older car and not just sitting by shooting their loyal fans in the foot.  This very availability of the parts for the other two major players of the era is what gives them the edge to hobbyists.  More old Mopars would be going at gangbuster prices if the stuff were readily available and while good for the model, would hit you in the pocket book as the first time buyer as the prices for the heaps would go up..so flip a coin and go with lower initial cost and fabrication/searching..or pay to play and bolt by number car as the other two.

• Like 1