Interior Fabric

mmcdowel

I've been looking online and searched this site....but haven't run across any interior fabric samples and the sales brochures haven't been too helpful.  (I am almost certain the carpet is original though.)

Would anyone know if the pics attached might be original on my 50 Meadowbrook?  A reproduction maybe?

I like it and think it looks great, but people ask me and I don't know.  Since you all know everything I thought I would ask.

Thanks,  Mike  Mc

post-6896-0-43590700-1459890756_thumb.jpg

post-6896-0-25311300-1459890775_thumb.jpg

I don't think the Meadowbrooks ever had carpeted floors.

The seat material looks original and very nice!

You might contact SMS Upholstery in Oregon with your question since they have original fabric books put out by manufactures of the cars.

I went into SMS last month, they have been collecting samples for over 40years and they told me they have the capability of making the specific fabric for cars if needed.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

mmcdowel, maybe if you contact them they could answer the question..... I do agree it does look nice :)  

Looks origianal or is a very reasonable facsimile to the style of the original tyoe ad color.  On many cars the gray faded, aged and soiled to a brown (probably had a lot to do with people smoking) but the striped stuff is pretty typical of the era for Dodges and Plymouths.  I also agree withthe front carpet deal.  the lower end Plymouths usually had rubber mats up front. But alot of owners "upgraded" to front carpet if and when the interior got redone.  Which augues the point that your is not factory but an older, well done retrim.

My 50 Meadowbrook still has the original rear seat fabric and it looks like yours, though a bit more faded. I had the front seat redone with a similar color but no stripes.

As far as the carpeting, my car had original rear carpeting but the front had petrified rubber mats.

I have recarpeted it front and rear as the old stuff was pretty nasty.

It would be nice to find new sill rubber covers.

Thanks everyone!  I'll be calling/emailing Oregon tomorrow.

My gut tells me it was redone many, many years ago and then just stored away in a dark place that was thankfully mouse free. I'm certainly not complaining though.

Was looking at the order form and its odd they ordered carpet, deluxe radio and heater, but declined turn signals?

Guess in 1950 Oklahoma they didn't see a need.

I ordered an original aftermarket turn signal kit and in the meantime I'm enjoying driving her in the more rural areas where there isn't much traffic.

I've been trying to track the two previous owners down to get the story on the car, but I fear they may have expired.  There were some trophies in the trunk from various MOPAR car shows in NE Oklahoma and SE Kansas in the mid 80s, so I think it might have had a restore back then and had seen little use since.

Now I'm driving her at least twice a week so long as its not raining and greasing and changing the oil far more often than it needs to be.

If she gets waxed one more time I'll have to put additional air in the tires to carry all that additional weight.

post-6896-0-66074300-1459977764_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, your Meadowbrook sure looks a lot nicer than mine!   ;)

I would agree with some of the other guys that if its not the original interior it sure is a very close match, and nice looking too.

Here's a couple of pics of the seat fabric in my '51, which for sure is original.  The mannequin in the back seat is part of my gameroom decor; I moved him into the car for some creepy pics for a friend LOL, pay no attention  :D

10_zpsq5q1lsnj.jpg

9_zpsdsbmg5yk.jpg

8_zpsoiw1k5wn.jpg