1948 Dodge B1D Drums

Keith

Hello

I have just be told that my brake drums are not serviceable (lining to thin, can't turn them).  Does anyone know where to find new (or newer) drums.  Mine have BUDD-61189 on them.  They are 14" drums.

Thanks

I'd go to the truck side of the site and ask there.

Hello

I was just told that my brake drums are not serviceable (lining to thin, can't turn).  Does anyone know where I can find new (or newer) brake drums.  Drums have notation BUDD 61189, they are 14" drums.

Thanks

Bummer, new or newer not sure. Used, might give wildcat auto wrecking in Oregon a call.

Keith,

Might try "Turners Auto Wrecking " in Fresno. HankB3B and I are planing a trip up that way soon for parts.

Welcome neighbor. I am in the Irvine area. Nice to have another Pilothouse nearby.

You may want to try placing an ad in the classified section on this site. Other options are trolling Craigslist and Ebay.

Unlike some regions we don't really have wrecking yards that would be any help on this. Perhaps someone here has some of these they have salvaged and could check?

Replacement parts for some of this stuff can be difficult.....but this site is your best option for answers.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Balazs

Thanks for the info/sources.

I checked with Drum Garden in Wilmington (CA).  They have some drums that "might" work.  Does anyone know if I have to have the BUDD numbers match.