New Build

P15newbie

Hey guys!

New to the forums!!

Picked up a 47 Plymouth Business coupe from a friend a couple weeks ago as a bare shell, no motor/trans, no interior what so ever, and no title, go figure haha. Thankfully all the glass was there and good.

So in addition I picked up a 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee. Was able to steal the 318 out of it with harness and ECU, gas tank and fuel pump which was perfect, The seats which fit great with little mods, both brake and gas pedal assembly with brake booster which all is going to fit perfect, and shifter assembly which will work.

I also picked up a steering column from a early 90's Nissan frontier which was literally direct fit (I MEAN DIRECT FIT)and is going to match perfect with the cavalier steering rack I picked up.

Next week I'll be picking up a rear end from a 98 explorer with disk and throwing that in.

I also found a nice forum that explained a way to make the front caliper and rotor from the same explorer work with the original front hub on the Plymouth for my front disk conversion with the obvious need to fabricate a fairly simple but pecise bracket

As far as wiring, well the magnums are pretty much standalone and just require my 12v and ignition along with the fuel pump which will just be on a separate power switch.

I'll be getting a 2wd tranny out of a early 90s dakota and hoping that works well.

Driveline.... Well thats beyond me

Will be lowing the front and rear the old fashioned way.... For now...

Well that's all I got so far

Like I said, I'm new here and new to building cars in general so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey guys!

New to the forums!!

Picked up a 47 Plymouth Business coupe from a friend a couple weeks ago as a bare shell, no motor/trans, no interior what so ever, and no title, go figure haha. Thankfully all the glass was there and good.

So in addition I picked up a 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee. Was able to steal the 318 out of it with harness and ECU, gas tank and fuel pump which was perfect, The seats which fit great with little mods, both brake and gas pedal assembly with brake booster which all is going to fit perfect, and shifter assembly which will work.

I also picked up a steering column from a early 90's Nissan frontier which was literally direct fit (I MEAN DIRECT FIT)and is going to match perfect with the cavalier steering rack I picked up.

Next week I'll be picking up a rear end from a 98 explorer with disk and throwing that in.

I also found a nice forum that explained a way to make the front caliper and rotor from the same explorer work with the original front hub on the Plymouth for my front disk conversion with the obvious need to fabricate a fairly simple but pecise bracket

As far as wiring, well the magnums are pretty much standalone and just require my 12v and ignition along with the fuel pump which will just be on a separate power switch.

I'll be getting a 2wd tranny out of a early 90s dakota and hoping that works well.

Driveline.... Well thats beyond me

Will be lowing the front and rear the old fashioned way.... For now...

Well that's all I got so far

Like I said, I'm new here and new to building cars in general so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Looks to me like you  already have it pretty much figured out.