New from Germany

Dommels

Hello from Germany. I hope my English is okay, I´m a real Fan of American Cars and owned my first 13 Years ago, it was an 67 Plymouth Sportfury and was great, after that I had various Cars, Chevy Caprice, Chevy C30, Plymouth Valiant, Camaro, a59 Fury, and a C30 Dually. They all were between the 60s and 90s, then I think I must have a Car pre 50 and looked for it a while, then I found my New Ride, I think its a Club Coupe, but I cant decode the VIN. Funny about it is, my first Car was a Plymouth, my son has an exchange school Friend in Plymouth England and we get the Car in an Father and Son Adventure last weekend from Plymouth England, 1200km, I´m very pleased with it, very solid, engine and gearbox new arranged.

post-9034-0-66731600-1459107731_thumb.jpg

post-9034-0-77152000-1459107738_thumb.jpg

post-9034-0-21413800-1459107744_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dommels
  • Like 1

It is definitely a P15 club coupe,  missing some trim and with '51 wheel covers,

It looks like a good car .  On the POC club forum there is a frequent contributor who lives in

Dusseldorf and drives his 51 Plymouth convertible all over western Europe.  See if you can look him up 

just for fun.   Your English is just fine !  dp

• Like 1

Welcome...we have a few members from Germany...you from way up north of where I was stationed years ago with the military.   Was in Bavaria and loved every bit of it...

if you have a back seat and curved rear glass...you got he club coupe...bz coupe is no back seat, large large package tray, enclosed bulkhead and flat rear glass..

There are numbers and then there are vins.  The standardized American system was intorduced many years after your P 15 rolled of the factory floor.  The car has two inportant and traceable numbers.  The engine number which is stamped on a flat boss on the engine block above the generator and below the head, that should start with P15.  The other number is the serial number which should be attached with rivets to one of the "A" pillars. But this assumes the car was built in the US.  

Many export cars were made in Canada, and some were shipped as knock downs with finishing assembly done in England.  So let's start with where you think your car came from.  If its is a US car the cylinder head will be 23 and 1/2 inches long.  If from Canada it will be 25 inches long.  

What number is on the cars ownership document?  If it an American car and you have the serial number you can look up the place and aproximate date of assembly by compairing your number to the list of serial numbers that are listed in the resources sectio of this web site.  If you would like more information of exports and european assembly sites go to the All Par wesite and search exports.  There is a very informative section concerning Chrylser Corporation non US operations.

Being your car is left hand drive, I am guessing it wasn't made for the Great britain market.  You are correct it is a Club Coupe. with back seat as opposed tot he Business Coupe with no seat and a different rear window and roof line.  

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

Hello from Germany. I hope my English is okay, I´m a real Fan of American Cars and owned my first 13 Years ago, it was an 67 Plymouth Sportfury and was great, after that I had various Cars, Chevy Caprice, Chevy C30, Plymouth Valiant, Camaro, a59 Fury, and a C30 Dually. They all were between the 60s and 90s, then I think I must have a Car pre 50 and looked for it a while, then I found my New Ride, I think its a Club Coupe, but I cant decode the VIN. Funny about it is, my first Car was a Plymouth, my son has an exchange school Friend in Plymouth England and we get the Car in an Father and Son Adventure last weekend from Plymouth England, 1200km, I´m very pleased with it, very solid, engine and gearbox new arranged.

Looks like you made a major score to me. New engine,new trans,and complete and only needing the paint color of your choice.

Welcome -   Depending on where in Germany you are, Captain Fred who frequents the forum is over there.  He has a thread going on the AoK blog on his

build that you may find interesting http://p15-d24.com/blog/17/entry-107-das-boot-going-the-long-block-route-with-a-1940-plymouth-sedan/

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum, you'll get plenty of good advice from a knowledgeable corps of folks, and there's a lot of archived information here, too.  Your Plymouth looks to be a good find, that would be a good one here in the U.S., too.  Like many here, I did a tour in Germany when I was in the U.S. Army.  I spent two years in Wildflecken and loved it, but I won't try my German on you, it is only good enough to get me punched in the nose. 

I´m searching for a two carb intake, if anyone has one, tell me.

There are at least two of them on sale on ebay right now.

Here is one for a DeSoto/Chrylser flat 6 that is mostly good for competition engines because it uses 2 2brl carbs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301926314030?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And here is one for a 218-230 that uses 2 1brl carbs.  The same guy is selling it. I have bought intakes from him in the past and they are as advertised and he ships quickly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UBER-RARE-NICSON-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-218-230-FLATHEAD-6-INTAKE-NR-FLAWLESS-CONDITION-/301925388185?hash=item464c27cf99:g:nFUAAOSwHgVW61Ms

There are probably more if you take the time to keep searching.