1950 dodge coronet

Bluebell7727

My best advise would be to sell the poly to a restorer,and put a LA 318 in it. Those Poly engines are huge by comparison to the LA engines.

Plus,if you can find a late 50's to early 60's restorer looking for a poly engine,you can sell it for enough money to buy a LA 318 and have plenty of money left over for motor mounts,radiator,etc,etc,etc.

Edited by knuckleharley

Kool thank you,guess its time for craigslist...lol

Might I suggest you try the "For Sale" and "Want to Buy" sections of this web site first?

Don't give up just yet, the biggest hurdle on any v8 swap on these cars is the fact that the driver side exhaust manifold will want to occupy the same space as the the steering box. Otherwise there is actually plenty of room to put a v8  in one of these cars, you just have to offset the engine to the passenger side and the higher you mount the engine the less clearance problems you will have.

The poly is not huge......the heads are a bit fatter than a wedge but everything else is the same.  Tired ol internet hokum.

The only issue using the Poly will be the exhaust at the steering column and thus the reason for most folks going to the LA.

The Poly engine has probably the least efficient exhaust manifolds in history. I do not know if anyone has actually tried to install a Poly and where the interference ended. Certainly would be nice to know.......most folks just don't want to try.

And none of the replies suggest looking into the search button. :cool:

Try this build:  http://p15-d24.com/topic/25759-318-into-my-50-coronet/