Windlace above the doors

48ply1stcar

I have been searching for windlace pictures.  I am particularly looking for pictures of the windlace being installed above the doors. There are sharp tabs above the doors, does the windlace only go under the tabs, or do you stick the tab through the and then bend it down?

The more secure it is at this point the better as it is necessary to take the headlining down to replace the windlace.

As I remember, the windlace tacks into a tack strip along the edge of the door frame.  First, the edge of the headliner has to be worked out of the metal retainer strips and then the retainer strips have to be removed.  The best photo I have shows the windlace at the windshield and a the door top.  The photo shows the windlace stapled at the windshield, but the retainer strip covers the tack area over the door.  

post-126-0-01139800-1458057170_thumb.jpg

Maybe I'm overthinking this.  These are pictures without the headliner retainers.  The tack-strip stops at the top of the door then there is only bare metal with these sharp tabs.  I'm wondering if anyone use something in addition to the tabs to hold the windlace on the top of the door.

post-1228-0-49555100-1458059271_thumb.jpgpost-1228-0-81604700-1458059252_thumb.jpgpost-1228-0-16636700-1458059288_thumb.jpg