Power Wagon Speedometer Pointer Plate Replacement

dhnavarone

I have a 1948 B-1-PW and the speedometer pointer has disconnected from the pointer plate due to shrinkage of the plastic pointer plate.  I have a replacement pointer plate and I have removed the existing pointer plate from the speedometer assembly but I can't figure out how to remove the metal center from the pointer plate.  Does anyone know how to remove the metal center from the pointer plate?  Is it a threaded connection or does it have some type of retainer clip?

Its basically a T shaped piece that goes through the disk and a little pressure fit washer on the backside. I usually pry them up with a exacto knife or a tiny screwdriver. Then tap it back into place with a small socket or nut driver that matches the diameter of the clip.

Thank you gentlemen. I used the exacto knife and eventually developed enough of a gap to get the forks in. If I had to do it again, I think I would try to cut the old pointer plate in quarters through the center and try to get to pointer plate out before I started on the pressure fit washer.