Old vehicles, a mad, mad, mad world

pflaming

I bought a '53 plymouth convertible w/o a rear axle, and took an overdrive instead of an axle. Then I sold the convertible for what I paid for it, and the overdrive for $800.00. Then I found an OD in Maine for $250.00 and sold it for $600. Now I'm up $1,150.00. Found another one at a large salvage business and made $400.00 on it, and another one at a local mechanics shop here in town and made $400.00 on it. Now I'm up $1,950.00.

Then last summer I bought a '54 suburban with a 230 engine and OD for $800 and sold the lower tail gate for $300.00 and have the engine and the car yet to part out, so will sell that OD for $800.00 which will add the $300.00 to my hedge fund now at $2,250.00.

Then my truck was toasted in a kitten started garage fire and my $2,250.00 went up in smoke along with the grass I had stored in the rafters.

You win some and you lose more, but what the heck, it's great exercise and fun to do.

• 2 weeks later...