Cowl trim

linenbaugh

I am finishing the asembly of my -47 dodge club coupe  and are trying to put the cowl trim pieces on but as my car came with two cut of swan neck mirrors ! i do not know how the trim ataches to the body so i need the fasteners.I am also missing the right piece so if anyone has one for sale i am intrested in buying. I do also need new wiper blades ,where can you get those.As i live in sweden the market for these parts are limited.

Anders

The "PLYMOUTH" cowl moldings are actually DeSoto and they look like a mouse ate the corner off!

Plymouth and DeSoto from 46-48 had a different profile on the moldings.

How the seller gets away with calling it good used is baffling.

buyer beware...

Hello again and thanks for the help.

I agree about the chewed up mouldings, i was interested in a rear bumper and the seller told me  it was in great shape and he wanted 250 USD.He sent me pictures of a bumper that had been stored outside and had crome pittings that he told me looked good because the bolts held the pitting i place the bumper was full of dirt and looked like sh.t.I told him  it has to be recromed and he changed the price to only 160 USD ,no way i was going to buy that bumper and ship it to sweden ,i rather fix my existing bumper and paint it and wait until i find a good one.I am not suprized if a guy takes a chance selling something he cant use.

Anders

• 3 weeks later...

last time I needed these they were available through Restoration Specialties. however, they get lost and go missing do to the original cheesy type fastener it is.  It is but a simple process to make and affix with heavier hardware that will ensure the unit will stay in place.  Think a bit outside the box..stock parts are often hard to get and if you compared to the rest of the trim still affixed, you should get the general idea the design is a bit less than par alongside the other style retainers.

The originals are actually a complicated part to make and they are spring steel and possible hardened as well.

They can be purchased cheaply from Restoration Specialties and I would stick with the originals.

They flex...its part of the design and makes it easier to install and remove.

just a thought......

Edited by Roadkingcoupe