Historic Route 66 Gas Station/Museum in So Cal's IE

Tones52

A friend of mine who lives in the area told me about this so earlier I took "Lil Jenny" out to Rancho Cucamonga to check out this 100 year old service station. While there some members of the non-profit group that manages this locally designated historical site were doing some work on it. Though it's still in the early stages, they sure have accomplished a lot. It's evident what a labor of love and commitment  to local Route 66 history they have. Plans are to recreate the garage that was located in the back of the station.

They are presently open Thursdays through Sunday's from 10 - 4 but best to call ahead to be sure it's open. For a small donation, one can take photos of their car by the pumps. So if ever you are in the area, check it out. It's located next to the flower shop on the NW corner of Archibald and Foothill Blvd. Here's their website for more information:

http://route66ieca.org/

Tony

post-5954-0-55896100-1454868720_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tones52
  • Like 3

Great Photo Tony, I think it's great that you drive the tires off your ride.

• Like 1

Great picture Tony. Open Thursday-Friday from 10-4 isn't much of a window for us working stiffs. I have a few friends in the area, may have to check it out on a weekend.

Derek,

Thanks for the heads up on the days that the station is open. It's actually Thursdays through SUNDAYS. I edited my original post to reflect that.

Still, it's good to call ahead to make sure someone is there.

Jon and Rod - I love driving my car around but know it's all in the slow lane of the freeway all the way LOL.

Tony

Edited by Tones52
  • Like 1

Tony,

I agree, The slow lane and the back roads are  the best way to cruise . I just need to remember to give myself time to throw out the anchor while I'm downshifting and  pumping the brakes. Don't get me wrong I love driving my beast, Every time she comes back from an adventure under her own power and with out a ticket Is a GREAT DAY !

• Like 3