Meet my new '56 Plym Suburban

Reg Evans

Uh Oh...... I've done it again.  Ran across this car on eBay a few days ago and had to have it. 

I never thought that I would really be the high bidder but I was !!!  It went for 4K under what my research said it was worth.

It has a little 270 poly under the hood and a 2 speed push button trans.

I love old wagons and haven't owned one for a while. 

Anyone have a 50's to 60's roof rack they want to sell ?

post-32-0-63250000-1454514647_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-18357100-1454514730_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-09675800-1454514785_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice find. My Dad had one just like that back in the day. I think the engine is actually a 277 cubic inch, solid lifter version. I had a 4 door also with a 277. :)

• Like 1

I'm only going by the sellers description.  The car won't be here for a week or more so I can't check out the engine number.  I hope you're right cause that means either 7 or 20 more horses depending on the carb. Thanks rvannoy1

I'm only going by the sellers description.  The car won't be here for a week or more so I can't check out the engine number.  I hope you're right cause that means either 7 or 20 more horses depending on the carb. Thanks rvannoy1

Quick Ed... Track down the shipper and reroute him to Minneapolis. Tell them Reg gave them the wrong address. :P:D

• Like 2

Uh Oh...... I've done it again.  Ran across this car on eBay a few days ago and had to have it. 

I never thought that I would really be the high bidder but I was !!!  It went for 4K under what my research said it was worth.

It has a little 270 poly under the hood and a 2 speed push button trans.

I love old wagons and haven't owned one for a while. 

Anyone have a 50's to 60's roof rack they want to sell ?

You don't want that thing. Just imagine how embarrassed you will be to be seen driving a 4 door stationwagon. I don't really want it,but I am willing to do you a favor and take it off your hands for a small fee.

• Like 1

Wow !!!!  Thanks for your generosity.  I don't have much money left since I paid for the car but I do have a $10,000 money order.  If you'll cash it and keep $1000 out for yourself and send me the rest the car is yours.  I'll even Bondo over the back door seams so it'll be a 2 dr just to show my appreciation for your kind offer. :P

Oh, and Merle....you get one of these too. :P

• Like 1

Wow !!!!  Thanks for your generosity.  I don't have much money left since I paid for the car but I do have a $10,000 money order.  If you'll cash it and keep $1000 out for yourself and send me the rest the car is yours.  I'll even Bondo over the back door seams so it'll be a 2 dr just to show my appreciation for your kind offer. :P

Oh, and Merle....you get one of these too. :P

No,no,no. I'm temped,but your offer is just too generous.  I wouldn't want people to think I was trying to take advantage of you.

• Like 1

Quick Ed... Track down the shipper and reroute him to Minneapolis. Tell them Reg gave them the wrong address. :P:D

How about it Reg? Send it my way. You can pick it up Sunday afternoon of back to the 50s.

• Like 1

Ed, what part of NO don't you understand ?

Just the N and the O.

This fall I was eyeing a similar wagon. 55-56 with a v8 and overdrive in red and white. That one was in rock springs WY 

• Like 1