1948 Dodge sedan rear fender question

jtrepasso

I have a D24 four door sedan that is in need of a new driver's side rear fender.  I was wondering if there was a difference between a fender for a coupe and a fender for a sedan or if they are the same.  Also will a DeSoto fender interchange.  I know a Plymouth is different and so is the Chrysler fender I bought by mistake.  I want to make sure I am buying the correct fender before I buy another incorrect one.  Thanks in advance.

Jameson

I have a D24 four door sedan that is in need of a new driver's side rear fender.  I was wondering if there was a difference between a fender for a coupe and a fender for a sedan or if they are the same.  Also will a DeSoto fender interchange.  I know a Plymouth is different and so is the Chrysler fender I bought by mistake.  I want to make sure I am buying the correct fender before I buy another incorrect one.  Thanks in advance.

Jameson

What is the different on a chrysler fender from a dodge....for those of you not certain the windsor and new yorker rear bumpers extend quite a bit around the rear fenders, thus requiring cutouts for extra bumper supports, but a DeSoto should fit  well.

See bumper

chrysler-windsor-1948-7.jpg

• Like 1

New Yorker rear fenders after 1946 are bulged a bit more and have a bigger tire opening for the introduction of 8.20 X 15 Super Cushion tires.

• Like 1